part number CMX512-3200XLPRO (2.2.2.5)

version number v1.1

lot number 0443092-1

My system:

AMD Athlon FX 55

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Edition Motherboard Award BIOS v1.4

Seagate 120GB SATA Barracuda Drive

eVGA Nivida 6800 Ultra 256MB

Here is the problem when I first constructed this system I tried to install Windows XP professional. I frequently got errors stating files could not be copied. I tried several times and the files always changed but the problem stayed. I tried a friends copy and the same thing happen. A few times I got the blue screen of death with a page fault problem. I had to put the project aside and I waited until I got parts for another computer I was building.

That system was

AMD Athlon 3000+

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Edition Motherboard

Western Digital 80GB SATA Drive

eVGA Nivida 5500 128 MB

Corsair 512 MB TwinX512-3200C2 Memory

That system ran fine I started to test the system using the parts from my other computer and I ran into the problem mentioned earlier when I added in the 3200XLPRO memory pair. I moved them into different slots tried several time same problem. My current configuration is

AMD Athlon FX 55

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Edition Motherboard

Seagate 120GB SATA Barracuda Drive

eVGA Nivida 6800 Ultra 256MB

Corsair 512 MB TwinX512-3200C2 Memory

With the current memory the system is fine the 3200XLPRO pair the system won't work it even went into a fatal error reboot cycle where it kept rebooting until I cut power. The last thing I did was I ran memtest86+. I ran memtest on the system with the 3200C2 pair for an hour 5 passes no errors. I then placed the 3200XLPRO pair in and within the hour time frame I got 3 passes Errors 44259. I placed the 3200C2 pair back in and 5 passes no errors. Tried the 3200XLPRO one more time and it started with a high number of errors so I aborted the test. I even tried tweaking the bios settings and I still got the same results when trying to start windows.

I can't do anything with the current memory in there because that memory belongs to another computer. I really would like to use the memory I bought but that's not happening. Can I get an RMA number? Do you have any suggestions. I'm really at the end of my rope. The time is past when the retailer would take the memory back so I am looking to my Corsair warranty.

Can you tell me the bios settings you had set for both CPU and memory?

I had them set at the defaults I have AWARDS BIOS 1.4 I then tried adjusting them for the memory settings

TCL 2 TRCD 2 TRP 2 TRAS 5 voltage 2.75

That didn't work either I got the same insane number of errors 44,000 That a lot of errors!

Archived