Corsair Community

Static sound with Void RGB wired set

Furry_drggy

I had this issue before, but seems to happen rarely. I don't know why and I already switched USB ports three times. It can be working fine during the day and everything, but there this chance where the sound coming from the headset sounds like static and all broken. Only way I can stop it, was to unplug it and plug it back in. I don't know what is causing it to do it in the first place, nor don't know if my headset is one of those weird ones that starts to act funny when it feels like. It isn't the pro version and I had it for about a year already. It is plugged into USB 3.0 port, but I dout it that would be causing it, because it was in 2.0 case USB before. It is still using the Firmware v0.17 and it says it is current version. I do keep my computer on, but doun't it would be issue because there been times where I had on for more than a few days and never the issue never appeared. I am wondering if it is the cable since ever since I got it, it has been twisting like crazy, even after I straighten it. I do wish it was braided, instead of rubber.

I brought this issue up last year too. Between then and now, I would say it happen once ever few months, just about.

• Corsair Employee
Since you keep your system on for extended amounts of time, I'd recommend performing the latest Windows Updates, and install the latest USB and chipset drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Since you keep your system on for extended amounts of time, I'd recommend performing the latest Windows Updates, and install the latest USB and chipset drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

That isn't the issue since everything is up to date. Like I said, it happens rarely

Archived