Corsair Community

What size are the thumbscrews on H110i to use a proper screwdriver?

ViTosS

I would like to know that because I stripped 2 of 4 of mine just by using a screwdriver that isn't the perfect fit for the thumbscrew, and I'm about to buy a H150i Pro and I would like to use the proper screwdriver to not strip them again.

Thanks.

There are called thumbscrews for a reason. Even if you decide to use a Philips head to tighten just a little (1/4 turn at most!), you should never be turning with anywhere near enough force to strip anything. This is someplace you should be gentle.

There are called thumbscrews for a reason. Even if you decide to use a Philips head to tighten just a little (1/4 turn at most!), you should never be turning with anywhere near enough force to strip anything. This is someplace you should be gentle.

Yeah I know, I just tight with little force, because I want to eliminate the loose backplate, but do you know the exact screwdriver measurement for the screw?

I don't know. My same trusty screw driver I use for all my PC Philips screws fits the thumbscrews perfectly. It is so old and worn that the label is long gone, but it is surely a P0. I still think you are way overdoing this if any amount of torque comes into play. 1/4 turn after hand-tightening. Stop. Edited by c-attack

If you want to eliminate the loose backplate you will need to put some rubber washers where the stand-offs meet the back of the motherboard, using a screwdriver is likely to cause damage to the cooler, cpu or motherboard.