Lightstipe not working on led 2 on commander pro

Mock

I experience some weird stuff with my setup

i have

2 X LL120

3 X LL140

1 X 4 lightstripe package

1 X Commander Pro

i tried to have all the fans led i the first led connector and then one long stripe in led 2. so i don't need to power a new node box.

no matter what i do, the lightstipe don't work in led 2. but if i swap the cabels around so the fans are en led 2 and stripe in led 1, everything works

so the fans will work on both led connectors on commander pro, but the stripe will only work in led 1

i also tried the lightning node where it also works, and all features on the stripe works, both a single nodes and mixed.

could something be fried in the commander pro? myself i think i would be very odd, when so many other config works.

right now i just run a working config in fans led2 and stripe led1.

maybe the LL fans are more simple, compared to the stripe.and could partial fried something?

It sounds like LED Channel 2 isn't passing power along - that's the big difference between the Fan Hub (which has its own power) and the strips (which take power from the CoPro/NoPro). You could verify this with a multimeter - you should have +5V between pin 1 and pin 3 (pin 2, in the middle, is data).

yes everything points at the commander, but how can the fans work on both channels, thats the part i don't understand.

and for the switching part, its great that everything works, so the issue is to send it for repair and for a long period not be able to use my computer for a repair that really don't give something extra at this moment.

i have not tried to reflash, i only tried with different cables supplied and each single stripe directly connected

yes everything points at the commander, but how can the fans work on both channels, thats the part i don't understand.

The strips get their power from the LED port (on pin1, in fact). So if there is something wrong with the CoPro that it doesn't power the LED port, they won't light up. The fan hub, however, does not get any power from the CoPro/NoPro. In fact, if you look at the cable, it has 3 pins but only 2 cables ... the missing cable is the power delivery (pin1). The Fan Hub has its own power connection ... so yeah, it kinda makes sense that the fan hub would work when the strips don't. Pin 2 (data) and Pin 3 (Ground) on that port are just fine but for some reason pin 1 (power) is kerfluffled.

and for the switching part, its great that everything works, so the issue is to send it for repair and for a long period not be able to use my computer for a repair that really don't give something extra at this moment.

i have not tried to reflash, i only tried with different cables supplied and each single stripe directly connected

Well, you wouldn't have to send your whole computer in. Typically, they would send you a new CoPro. You may also have the possibility of an Express RMA, where they send you a new CoPro and then you ship yours back after you get the new one. They do ask for a credit card to put on hold but will only be charged if you don't send your CoPro back.

If you just got it, going through your retailer is typically the quicker option, however.

Now that it's working for you (since you can work around the issue), it's totally up to you if you want to do this. That said the CoPro does have a 2 year warranty (I think) so you have the RMA option open to you for a while.

sound great if its possible to do the replacement thing because i did alot of case thing that take to long for using the motherboard fan headers in meanwhile. but wouldnt commander pro not only have one chip for everything, that why i think the issue is so odd. one time i manage to see it work on led1. and then i tried to put the case together where i stopped working.

but maybe it would be a good idea to try out a force update of the firmware

Archived