Corsair Community

farva38

I recently completed my first build and everything seems to be working except my SP 120 fan lighting and my corsair light strips.

I have the fans plugged in to the lighting node pro that came with my 570x case, and then I have that plugged in to the LED port of a commander pro. I also have the fans plugged in to the fan ports on the commander pro. I have the light strips plugged in to the commander pro LED port as well. The fans are spinning, but none of them are lighting up or letting me control their speed. I'm using the most recent version of iCUE. Any troubleshooting ideas would be much appreciated.

Did you configure the lighting channels? Note that lighting is not auto-detected.

How are you trying to apply the fan curves?

See "iCue for the Link User" (linked below) for "Getting Started" tips.

And please fill out your system info.

I did configure the lighting channels. Im trying to put the fans on balanced.

Here are the issues I'm having after watching the videos.

1. I cannot control my fan speed from iCue, I can however control them from Corsair Link.

2. After saving profiles my fans will not light up after turning off my computer and logging back in.

3. Nothing I try can make my light strips work.

1. I have 6 sp120 fans hooked up to my commander pro. I would like to run them on balanced, and when I follow the directions in your video none of the rpm's change. When I try in Link however I can control fan speed.

2. I deleted the default profile and started from scratch. I got everything working except for fan speed and light strips. Turned off my computer and came back later and everything went off even though it still showed all the same preferences i had saved in that profile.

3. I tried configuring the light strips the same way as the fans (whose lights were working at some point). It shows that the strips are there and lighting up in cue, but nothing happens.

What's frustrating is that some stuff work in ICue and some stuff works in Link, although the light strips don't work anywhere. Also, I'm using the H150i cooler.

You're running into two current issues with iCue:

1) It doesn't handle SP fans properly.

2) It doesn't handle 3-pin/DC fans properly.

The strips should be working in both. Have you tried rearranging them? Do you have any extension cables in the mix?

Those seem to be my exact issues with iCue. It handles everything else great. It seems all my problems are connected to my commander pro so I was unsure if the problem was with that or iCue.

I feel like I had to have missed something somewhere with the strips but for the life of me cant figure out what. Extension cables? I'm using one of the 3-pin connectors to connect the strips in to the LED port on the pro. Is that what you're asking?

Those seem to be my exact issues with iCue. It handles everything else great. It seems all my problems are connected to my commander pro so I was unsure if the problem was with that or iCue.

I feel like I had to have missed something somewhere with the strips but for the life of me cant figure out what. Extension cables? I'm using one of the 3-pin connectors to connect the strips in to the LED port on the pro. Is that what you're asking?

Yes. I would start troubleshooting these by removing any potential source of issue - and start with 1 strip at a time, plugged directly into the RGB port.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey DevBiker, just wondering if the issues were ever fixed with the SP fans and iCue. If not is there a way to control mouse, keyboard, and cooler head in iCue while still controlling the fan speed in Link? I've found the fans work in Link, but when I download iCue (for better RGB control) it automatically makes me control everything in iCue.

I don't think that there's been a new build released since we last touched on this so I don't know, TBH.

And I don't have any SP fans currently installed. I'd have to rig up a spare CoPro and some SP fans that I have laying around to test when we get a new build.

Archived