Corsair Community

Bad Ram Stick?

dszath

I believe I have a bad module. I have a Abit nf7-s mother board with latest drivers and bios, AMD Athlon 2100+. I am running Windoes XP Pro. CMX256A-3200LLPT / XMS3200 256MB 400MHZ (TWINX)..I just upgraded from an Asus Motherboard because of all the system problems.. thinking it may be the motherboard.. but it seems to be bad momory. I formated my hard drive and was trying to install Windows XP Pro.. and it kept on giving all sorts of errors.. I removed ont stick of ram.. and Windows installed fine.

It seems to run ok on one stick.. but as soon as I try and put the other stick in..."Blue screen of death" error messages. I would like to rma the bad module. What is the method of RMA? Who do I contact? Where are they sent?

• Corsair Employees

Please try these settings set manually and test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org

CPU Freq: 133 MHz

Memory Frequency: 125%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Please try these settings set manually and test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org

CPU Freq: 133 MHz

Memory Frequency: 125%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

I have tried several settings.. A friend has the same setup as mine, we took a stick of ram out of his system and it worked fine...

I have tried several settings.. A friend has the same setup as mine, we took a stick of ram out of his system and it worked fine...

My settings are as follows...

CPU 210, Volt 2.7, Row active delay 11, Ras-to-cas 2,

Row percentage delay 2, CAS Latancy 2, CPU FSB/DRAM ratio 6/6

I have a friend with the same comfig... his ram works fine in my CPU... What next?

Archived