Corsair Community

Can I replace NZXT 52x 240mm Liquid Cooler with Corsair LL 120mm fans?

meganfarr

I am yet to build my PC, just putting together the order right now. I am getting the i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, G.SKILL RGB 32GB 3200MHz RAM, ASUS Z370-F Motherboard, (Still deciding on PSU, HDD & SSD etc.) and the Corsair 570X RGB Case.

Is it possible to replace the front 3 fans on the case with 3 Corsair LL 120s, replace the rear fan with a LL 120, and then replace the NZXT X52/X62 fans with 2 Corsair LL 120s and then mount it to the front of the case? How do I go about doing this? First time build, from the UK if that helps.

I am yet to build my PC, just putting together the order right now. I am getting the i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, G.SKILL RGB 32GB 3200MHz RAM, ASUS Z370-F Motherboard, (Still deciding on PSU, HDD & SSD etc.) and the Corsair 570X RGB Case.

Is it possible to replace the front 3 fans on the case with 3 Corsair LL 120s, replace the rear fan with a LL 120, and then replace the NZXT X52/X62 fans with 2 Corsair LL 120s and then mount it to the front of the case? How do I go about doing this? First time build, from the UK if that helps.

Yup, it's possible. Start with Zotty's awesome RGB FAQ linked in my signature ...

Yes, you can use LL fans on the X52. It will have a 4 fan splitter for pump control. In theory, all 4 LL radiator fans can be controlled from there, but I don't have an amperage limit for the X52. Should be 2.0A, but NZXT need to confirm. LL120 is (0.30A x 4 for the motor only).

That leaves the rear, (top?), and lowest front 120 for motherboard control.

All LL fans have two wires. One for power and one for lighting. The power wires go to the fan headers. The lighting wires go to a 6 port lighting hub that comes in the LL multipacks. If you are going to have more than 6 LL fans, you will need more than 1 lighting hub. You may already have one in your case and the 3 pack LL120 should come with another.

All RGB fans need a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro to have desktop software control over the lighting. The LL fans require it. The LNP comes in the multipacks. The Commander Pro is extra, but also gives you desktop fan control through Link and temp probe control capability.

Keep in mind you have to run CAM to have control over the fans and pump on the X52. Unlike the Corsair pumps, it has no device memory and does its own thing when the software isn't running. I don't know what kind of issues you will have running CAM and Link at the same time. Link is required to make the LL fans work, otherwise it is all rainbows, all the time. A potential solution might be to use the Commander Pro and a temp probe to take coolant temp from off the front radiator and then use it as fan control for the radiator fans and two others. CAM could then not run and the pump would still do the right thing.