Corsair Community

H100i v2 LED is stuck and no RGB fan/strip while screen is locked

Vykaax

Hi all,

A few days ago I did the following:

1. Updated LINK and CUE to the current versions
  2. Uninstalled CUE
  3. Downloaded and installed iCUE
  4. Uninstalled LINK (iCUE seemed to indicate that LINK should be the most current version and still installed, so I left it installed until after even though it replaces the functionality which I thought was a bit strange)

With iCUE installed, I was playing around and updated the firmware for my devices (K70, H100i v2, Lightning Node Pro) before I noticed the following issues.

1. When I lock the computer, or before i login, the lights on my 3 LL120 fans and 3 out of 4 RGB strips all go off. The strip in position 1 sets itself to Rainbow Wave (not what I am using on the default profile). After logging in, I need to manually open iCUE switch to a different profile, and then switch back to the one I want to get the lights to come on. Is there not a service for this, why does it seem like this is only being controlled by an active application? The K70 lighting is correct while locked, as it was before. It has the option to save the settings to the device, while the Lightning Node Pro does not despite the fact that it used to keep the colors upon locking and during startup when I used LINK.

2. The H100i v2 LED is stuck and will not change color. It is the custom color for this profile that I set in LINK, but it is no longer possible to change it. Switching profiles does not change it, nor does setting the temperature threshold with a different color. Infact, the H100i v2 seems to be dead altogether in iCUE now that I think about it. When I swap the fan speed profiles they don't ramp up, and on the settings tab the AIO is listed but I can't click on it. It knows it's there, but can't interact with it?

What's going on?

1) This is known.

2) This is unusual. First, there are no additional settings for the H100i V2 (from "Settings" menu). However, you should be able to click on it in the Home Screen and set the values there. And the fan speed profiles may or may not speed up depending on the current temperature of the coolant; if it's low, there won't be much difference between the three profiles. Also keep in mind that settings these is a bit different in iCue than it was in Link. You have to click on the Fan Curve/Performance Profile and then click on the Fan to apply it.

Thanks, and sorry to clarfiy I can see iCUE is applying the fan profile to the H100i v2 fan label visually when I click on it and then click the fan, but even at high enough temps 60+ with PUBG running in the background the extreme profile does not spin up the fans to the expected much higher RPM, they just don't change as if the fan profile wasn't actually applied. Can I reset the AIO somehow, or do I need to reinstall Link? I tried creating a new profile rather than editing the ones that came in from Link, but it didn't make a difference.

Thanks, and sorry to clarfiy I can see iCUE is applying the fan profile to the H100i v2 fan label visually when I click on it and then click the fan, but even at high enough temps 60+ with PUBG running in the background the extreme profile does not spin up the fans to the expected much higher RPM, they just don't change as if the fan profile wasn't actually applied. Can I reset the AIO somehow, or do I need to reinstall Link? I tried creating a new profile rather than editing the ones that came in from Link, but it didn't make a difference.

What temps are you referring to? CPU Temp? The default fan profiles are based on the coolant temperature. This doesn't rise anywhere near as quickly or anywhere near as high as the CPU Temperature. It's also the proper control variable.

And if your coolant temperature is 60C, you've got bigger issues than fan control.

The measure is the H100 so I guess that's probably the coolant

Core temps are all fine, sitting around 55-65 under load in PUBG, so not worried on that front. I still can't get the LED to change though.