Corsair Community

Problem with PC4000

Dantares

Hi all!

I bought 6 months ago Corsair twinx xms pc4000 3-4-4-8 and i have remarqued with cpuz its were recognized as pc3700!

But having bought an other package of the same product, i have tested it too, and it was recognized as pc4000.

My motherboard is a Ga-8knxp, and i have tested the bad memories on all slots, it is recognized as pc3700, i have tested it too on a Asus p4 c800 and it s the same problem.

So, i found a difference between the two packages of memories: the good memories are Pc4000 xms twinx 2*512 v3.1, and

the bad are v2.1.

How can we proceed to solve this (strange) problem?

Thank you

There is no official spec for PC-4000 only a proposed spec for PC3700 and XMS4000 would have their SPD set the JEDEC defined values for PC-3700, but should show the part# as XMS4000 with Everest.

Scuse me but i haven t understand very well you answer (english a bit difficult for me lol...), in fact you want to say it normal ?

O.K. I am sorry but that is about as “normal” as I can get! Can you tell me the language you speak and I will get this translated?

I m french, i understand a bit english but some sentences are difficult sometimes...

If you could translate as you have said it would be good for me! thx

• Corsair Employees

There is no official spec for PC-4000 only a proposed spec for PC3700 and XMS4000 would have their SPD set the JEDEC defined values for PC-3700, but should show the part# as XMS4000 with Everest.

Il n'y a aucune Spéc. de fonctionnaire pour Pc-4000 seulement Spéc. proposée pour PC3700 et XMS4000 aurait leur SPD réglé les valeurs définies par JEDEC pour Pc-3700, mais devrait montrer la pièce # comme XMS4000 avec Everest.

Il n'y a aucune Spéc. de fonctionnaire pour Pc-4000 seulement Spéc. proposée pour PC3700 et XMS4000 aurait leur SPD réglé les valeurs définies par JEDEC pour Pc-3700, mais devrait montrer la pièce # comme XMS4000 avec Everest.

in fact with Aida32 or Everest its recognised as pc4000, the bad memoire are used as pc3700 instead of pc4000 like the good memories.

If you want i can send you a screen shot about this problem? have you a mail to receive it directly?

Archived