Corsair Community

ML120 Pro RGB and Lighting Node Pro

carbon44

So I bought a twin pack of the ML120 Pro RGB fans thinking the RGB headers would connect to my motherboard. Of course only the tiny print at the bottom of the box tells you that they need the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro to work the RGB..So I both both..I know I didnt need to but I may use one in another build. Problem is the RGB headers on the ML120s are 4 pin and both LNP and the CP have 3 pin RGB headers. I have not seen this addressed anywhere(forums, google, amazon questions) which is making me feel like I'm missing something obvious. Double checked..Box clearly says Lighting Node Pro. I bought the LNP..I've built tons of gaming rigs, I'm not confusing cables, didn't see adapters in the box..WTF?!

Thanks in advance.

The multipacks of the fans typically come with the Lighting Node Pro and the RGB Fan Hub - which is the piece that you seem to be missing.

Check out the RGB FAQ that's linked in my signature.

But I bought the Commander Pro too which is supposed to be fan AND RGB rolled into one. Either way, every piece I have to control lighting only has 3 pins for the RGB headers. The fans themselves have 2 connections- 4 pin PWM for the fan and 4 pin for the RGB. It says on the box you need the LNP for the lighting, I went over and beyond and bought both...STILL, the problem is the connectors just for the RGB(3pin on modules vs 4pin coming off the fan). So is there multiple versions of the Lighting Node Pro? Did I get some screwed up batch of fans with the wrong RGB connectors?

I can't be the only one experiencing this or the only one that knows what I'm talking about...lol. I'll post pics if I need too.

Thanks

Hey, hey!

The piece of the puzzle you're missing, is the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub, which only comes with the triple pack of ML120RGB fans.

And yes, you do need the LNP, which connects to the RGB Fan LED Hub to allow control of the RGB on the fans.

Repackage your dual pack ML120RGB and return it. Buy the triple pack, which comes with the RGB Fan LED Hub. (CO-9050076-WW)

https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/LED-Color/ml-pro-rgb-config/p/CO-9050076-WW

I was unable to find the RGB Fan LED Hub being sold as an individual item on Corsair's website. :|

Edited by PJH

But I bought the Commander Pro too which is supposed to be fan AND RGB rolled into one. Either way, every piece I have to control lighting only has 3 pins for the RGB headers. The fans themselves have 2 connections- 4 pin PWM for the fan and 4 pin for the RGB. It says on the box you need the LNP for the lighting, I went over and beyond and bought both...STILL, the problem is the connectors just for the RGB(3pin on modules vs 4pin coming off the fan). So is there multiple versions of the Lighting Node Pro? Did I get some screwed up batch of fans with the wrong RGB connectors?

I can't be the only one experiencing this or the only one that knows what I'm talking about...lol. I'll post pics if I need too.

Thanks

The CoPro does control the RGB functionality. The Fan Hub is a dumb device that merely passes along signal and provides power. There are not multiple versions. This is how they ALL work. You do not connect the fans directly to either the CoPro or the Lighing Node Pro (NoPro). Instead, both devices connect to the fan hub and the fans connect to the fan hub.

You can do the exchange as someone else suggested or you can get the fan hub by itself from https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling-And-Corsair-Link/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020.

Thanks for the info. The link says the fan hub is for HD RGB and SP RGB fans, which have 3 lighting connectors. I have ML RGB fans. Is this hub going to be all 3 pin connectors as well? Does someone actually have this to verify the connectors are 4 pin? I know its only $10. Its not the money its just the time trying to get that from Corsair would be over a week. Just annoying, trying to finish this thing. And love the ML fans, decided last minute to go RGB with them to add to case lighting. Sort of regretting it now. Going through over $100 of different modules just to control the lighting. All this just because I failed to see the TIIINY print at the bottom of the box before opening and hooking up. I'm not returning them, using them to replace radiator fans and don't feel like ripping all of that back off. Do any of you guys know someone actually using the MLRGB fans and have them up and running? Thanks again and sorry if I'm becoming a pain.

The fan hub is universal for all Corsair RGB fans and the spare parts page does not get much love from the maintenance team. Again, there is one catch --- you cannot mix and match fan types on that 6 port fan hub. If you do 3 HD + 3 LL, you need 2 fan hubs. For your ML, all you need is the one and it can handle up to 6 of them.

I am using that Fan Hub for ML fans (and for LL, HD and SP ... I have 'em all).

It is the same fan hub for ALL Corsair RGB Fans. It has the 4 pin connector for the Fan RGB control and a 3 pin connector (with only 2 wires) to connect to the CoPro or NoPro.

Ok..So I looked for the kit..and the only RGB ML kit I see says "comes complete with Lighting Node Pro"..Which I already have..Did they change the kit for the ML RGB fans? I thought it was supposed to come with the RGB fan hub..not the LNP. So I went to the link posted for the $10 hub by itself directly from Corsair..aaand of course, it's another $10 to ship it(they apparently use carrier pigeons) which will in turn take over a week to arrive?!...WTF..this has become such a pain in the ***. Is Corsair becoming Apple with all this proprietary BS?!?!..about the just say "F" it.

Nevermind...Newegg had a better description saying that it comes with both the fan hub and LNP...Sorry, I just figured it's 2018 and it shouldn't be this much of a cluster F. Most everyone else is accepting MOBO RGB...Guess Corsair is just accepting cash now...

Nevermind...Newegg had a better description saying that it comes with both the fan hub and LNP...Sorry, I just figured it's 2018 and it shouldn't be this much of a cluster F. Most everyone else is accepting MOBO RGB...Guess Corsair is just accepting cash now...

Motherboard RGB is fairly limited in its capabilities. Until recently, no one had addressable RGB on the motherboard. Corsair was out ahead of that by a year or more.

The effects and lighting that you can do with iCue, especially, are far beyond the capabilities of any motherboard's RGB, even those few with addressable RGB.