Corsair Community

More standard naming for Corsair AIOs?

solarity

I have a lot of Corsair products, though I run a custom loop. On some of the water cooling forums we have people asking about not only custom loops, but also AIOs like the corsair. It would be nice if corsair used something like 120/140/240/280/360 in the name instead of HXX or H1XX? I always have to look them up and the naming convention is a bit confusing.

i.e. H120, H360i Pro RGB

Just out of curiosity, where does the naming convention come from? Is it the volume of coolant or something?

Good question. I have no idea where the "H" came from. The number after is a simple base 10 model number system, starting from H50, H60, and up. There are a few oddballs that get the multiple of 5 treatment. The H115i was a forced break in the pattern. "i" refers to any cooler that is Link compatible.

Why not H120, H140, H240, etc.? I suppose there would then need to be an additional modifier since there are multiples in each size. However, given the choice between naming your product in the exact same way as everyone else or going with a brand specific system, there is something to be said for the unique moniker in terms of product recognition.

Actually, I think something that indicates the generation first, then size, would be preferable.

So ... H112 -> 120mm, Gen 1

H212 -> 120mm, Gen 2 (i.e. "Pro")

and so forth. The H100 variations are particularly confusing.

And the "H" comes from "Hydro Series coolers"