Corsair Community

H150i Pro RGB pump only fits upside down and Link does not work

macmuchmore

I installed my new AIO in my Air 540 case and it fit great! Only problem, to get it to fit without twisting the hoses out of whack, the pump has to fit with the logo upside down. :-( I have attached a pic.

The other problem is that even though I installed the newest Link software and it can read the fan speed and pump information, I cannot change anything about the LEDs. All I have is the default pulsing going through all the colors. In the software, I can select the other options, but when I apply the changes, nothing happens. Not good!

IMG_5837.thumb.jpg.c3c5a6086a7851d9208a59373ceee6c8.jpg

It's difficult to see for certain, but it looks like your USB cable isn't connected. Where are your fans connected, to the pump or the motherboard? I seem to recall that the latest version of Link doesn't always work properly with the new coolers, but installing an older copy works.

The lack of control is a common issue on Link 4.9.6. Use the prior version 4.9.5 or the new iCUE. However as mentioned, that is all for naught if you don’t connect the pump to the pc via the usb 2.0 cable.

Hose bending is a lost art, but this manageable. Try a soft bend looping underneath the pump.

You are correct - the USB cable is not connected in the pic - I disconnected it when the software wouldn't work. I will reconnect it when the software issue is resolved (using an older version of Link or the iCUE software). Would be helpful if somewhere in the manual it stated to download the correct software (if it is iCUE and not Link). As for the fans, they are connected to the pump, as per the instructions. I will try the different software and post results... Thanks!

You won't know if the software is working until you reconnect it. And you really shouldn't disconnect it; there is no good reason to do so.

Version 4.9.5.25 works well.

iCue also works.

And the manual doesn't mention iCue because it wasn't released when the manual was written. And iCue is still pre-release.

You won't know if the software is working until you reconnect it. And you really shouldn't disconnect it; there is no good reason to do so.

Version 4.9.5.25 works well.

iCue also works.

And the manual doesn't mention iCue because it wasn't released when the manual was written. And iCue is still pre-release.

I am not sure why I can't disconnect it once the software is able to set the pump RGBs the way I want. I only have so many internal USB headers, and I need them all for USB, so I have to disconnect something to plug in the pump USB connector. In addition, I am not always booted into Windows (I boot into Linux most of the time) so It is not needed unless I am in Windows making changes.

I have installed the latest Link version - I will see if I can install an earlier version. I took a look at the iCue software and I do see it is pre-release, but it seems very nice. It also looks like it needs the newest version of Link installed, so if I change to an earlier version of Link, I will not use iCue.

Thanks for the help!

Don't get confused on the Link 4.9.6 "requirement" for iCue. This will not apply to you and if are starting fresh and you want to uninstall both Link and CUE 2.0 before installing iCUE. If you have Corsair peripherals with profiles in Cue 2, those will be imported and for the most part correctly. Fan and pump lighting do not import and they now use a different system.

There are some advantages to using iCue/CUE 3, but this of course combines two programs into one. That may or may not be of advantage to you spending part of the time not in a Windows environment. The answer likely turns on any other CUE dependent hardware.