Corsair Community

Weird RGB Strafe issues?

Doomedakamike

Just want to say thanks to those taking the time to come in here and read over my post. Had the keyboard for probably close to 8 months. No problems at all, on my old build everything was up-to-date, etc. recently made some changes to my youtube machine (not sure if a clean wipe might be the cause but i'll leave it to the pro's) ended up having to do a clean install. That was probably a month ago, during that time i haven't had Corsairs software drivers installed and the keyboard just defaulted to the RGB Wave effect (which i prefer anyways) but was using it for Siege and CS no issues.

Today, I noticed my F10 and F11 keys as well as the windows lock button in the top right hand corner of the keyboard were flickering rapidly. A quick google search showed it's probably a firmware issue so I reinstalled CUE (latest ver.) and the problem still persists, and now that weird scroll/tablet key button (next to the center bottom control button) is also staying illuminated while the other keys are off (except f10-11) and it's displaying a completely different (also inaccurate) color from the f-keys even when i force the leds OFF in cue, they remained illuminated, and are not color accurate at all, often showing different shades of the color the other keys are cycling through.

It's purely a cosmetic issue (but flickering leds can be distracting), anyone have any idea? I've attached a few related pictures.

Ps. don't judge for the dirty desk (the q-tip was used to apply 91% isopropl alcohol to the affected keys no luck)

v3jWo

KBcAx

F7peG

https://imgur.com/a/v3jWo

https://imgur.com/a/KBcAx

https://imgur.com/a/F7peG

At a glance, it looks like your red LEDs on those 2 keys are not turning off which is affecting the other colors that are showing up there. In your post, you didn't say you completed a firmware update, just updated CUE. So if you haven't, it's in the settings and there should be a download button near the device. Even if you're on the latest firmware, it can't hurt to redownload it. If it still persists, you could also try a soft reset on the keyboard by holding the Escape key for a couple seconds while you plug in the keyboard. If the problem persists still, your LED's may be defective so if your keyboard is still under warranty, you should try contacting Corsair Support and inquire about an RMA.

At a glance, it looks like your red LEDs on those 2 keys are not turning off which is affecting the other colors that are showing up there. In your post, you didn't say you completed a firmware update, just updated CUE. So if you haven't, it's in the settings and there should be a download button near the device. Even if you're on the latest firmware, it can't hurt to redownload it. If it still persists, you could also try a soft reset on the keyboard by holding the Escape key for a couple seconds while you plug in the keyboard. If the problem persists still, your LED's may be defective so if your keyboard is still under warranty, you should try contacting Corsair Support and inquire about an RMA.

Thanks for your reply! I was using the keyboard without any drivers or software for a while with no issue, it was not until the LEDS began to act weird did i install the software. But I did take the time to follow your steps, I am currently running latest cue version and latest firmware version according to CUE. So I wiped it completely from my system using Revo and did another fresh install (thinking maybe something got corrupted during installation or something weird like that). Still flickering, I'm sure its still under manufacturers warranty, but im not sure its worth the effort or couple weeks I'd have to go through not having a keyboard to RMA it. Thank you

edit:

forgot to include this

pNhwR

https://imgur.com/a/pNhwR