Corsair Community

Paying for shipping after Corsair broke my keyboard

Evzeada

Here's the situation:

Some of the lights weren't displaying the correct colours on my keyboard, and so I decided to contact Corsair support as they got more serious.

I sent and received support tickets, following their instructions to hard reset my keyboard.

Before hard resetting, the only problems were the incorrect colours showing. However, after hard resetting, the keyboard refused to work completely on my laptop (which I normally use it on) and another PC. The lights would not turn on at all and none of the keys would work.

After reporting that on a ticket, they told me to update my BIOS and drivers and reset the keyboard a different way, which I did only to no avail.

After telling them that my keyboard still wasn't working, they approved an RMA and asked me to send my keyboard over to their shipping address.

Problem was, I live in Australia, and sending something over all the way to Taiwan (where their warehouse is located) isn't as cheap as you think.

It put me off how I had to pay the shipping fee because technically they were the ones who told me to hard reset my keyboard, which lead to the keyboard ceasing to work.

Since it wasn't really my fault, I don't see how it's fair to charge me for a problem they caused. They said it was my responsibility to pay for the shipping due to their customer policy (which I can't seem to find anywhere online).

I'm not saying this is entirely their fault and that I did nothing wrong. I just want your opinions and help on this matter.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...