Corsair Community

Odd Keyboard behaviour in Dual Boot System

StrangeGeek

Good evening/morning,

One of the Haswell systems at my home is running a dual boot consisting of Windows 10 and Ubuntu MATE. If booted into Windows, restart and boot into MATE, the keyboard will not be recognised by the machine which requires another restart in order to resolve the issue.

For example, say that one needed to boot into Windows to fetch something, would restart the machine, boot back into Linux and be greeted with MATE not recognising the keyboard.

The keyboard is a K95 RGB with firmware ver. 2.05 which is reported as 'latest' by CUE 2.

It should be noted that this issue ONLY occurs as described above, and does not happen when booting straight to Linux.

Thanks in advance!

• Corsair Employees

Hi StrangeGeek, this is definitely an interesting issue. If the OSes are similar on both systems, there may be an issue with the way the motherboard is initializing the keyboard after reboots.

Maybe see if there's some settings in the mobo about startup initialization or partial initialization.

Hi StrangeGeek, this is definitely an interesting issue. If the OSes are similar on both systems, there may be an issue with the way the motherboard is initializing the keyboard after reboots.

Maybe see if there's some settings in the mobo about startup initialization or partial initialization.

Hi Mint,

I will look at the BIOS to see if there is any settings as described above, and yes, both operating systems were of the same version on the Skylake and Haswell systems.

Hi Mint,

I will look at the BIOS to see if there is any settings as described above, and yes, both operating systems were of the same version on the Skylake and Haswell systems.

So I went into the BIOS and all legacy USB settings were set to enabled, but I found that 'xHCI Hand-Off' was set to disabled and enabling it did not resolve the issue, obviously. The BIOS is up-to-date.

I should mention that booting straight to Ubuntu MATE does lead to the keyboard not being recognised and requires a power reset.

Thanks

Super weird, I'm not sure if it's something with the board or how it interacts with Linux in this instance.

My thought is that it is either linux as the mouse works fine (but is not from Corsair) or is a bug in the motherboard's BIOS.

Thanks for your reply.

Edited by StrangeGeek