Corsair Community

Lighting Freezes on Windows Lock

OriginalOreos

Ok, so this has been an issue with CUE since inception. Essentially, all lighting profiles will stop working whenever you lock your computer in Windows. During the time prior to iCUE, this only applied to the keyboard, mouse and other related appliances that at least allowed you to store a static profile within the device.

However, now that iCUE also supports fans and RGB strips, the ability to store some kind of static profile is missing from these devices. The entire interior of my PC case freezes where it left off once locked. It looks silly, and I can't even choose to keep all lights off in locked mode because of the lack of an ability to at least store static lighting.

My original hope, years ago when I first started using the software, was an ability to have everything continue running even in a locked state, but either solution would work going forward. Hoping to see this addressed soon.

Thanks.

Hello:

I will add this information in to be looked at, we are already looking a couple lighting bugs related to resuming the computer from sleep/lock on the beta side, and it was really easy for me to replicate what you said since it's been happening from the beginning, so I can provide them with any logs they might need. My only other thought on this is, potentially when the computer locks ICUE/CUE and associated services stops running so the lighting stops getting commands, and like you said since not all of them items have ways to save static profiles so that just might be the nature of the beast. However I will absolutely still submit it and see what happens. Thank you very much for your feedback!

Edited by Spec Samantha

Hello:

I will add this information in to be looked at, we are already looking a couple lighting bugs related to resuming the computer from sleep/lock on the beta side, and it was really easy for me to replicate what you said since it's been happening from the beginning, so I can provide them with any logs they might need. My only other thought on this is, potentially when the computer locks ICUE/CUE and associated services stops running so the lighting stops getting commands, and like you said since not all of them items have ways to save static profiles so that just might be the nature of the beast. However I will absolutely still submit it and see what happens. Thank you very much for your feedback!

Thanks!

I actually tried creating a task that would run on Windows Lock to start the Corsair service, but I don't think I was doing it right. When I locked the computer, all of my lighting profiles and fan curves reset. Maybe I'm just running the wrong service, or there's a possible work-around?

If the route is to continue using static profiles, then I guess the only way to do that would be through the Commander Pro, which is what I use to run my LL fans and RGB strips.

The service doesn't stop when the machine is locked. From what I understand, iCue actually disconnects USB communication. Depending on how your CoPro curves are configured, however, this may not prevent your fan curves from running. If the CoPro fan curves are based on one of the CoPro's thermistors, they should still run.

The service doesn't stop when the machine is locked. From what I understand, iCue actually disconnects USB communication. Depending on how your CoPro curves are configured, however, this may not prevent your fan curves from running. If the CoPro fan curves are based on one of the CoPro's thermistors, they should still run.

My fans and waterpump actually go unaffected by locking the computer.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I was wondering if you could find a solution for this issue, I have two LL Fans and Void Pro Wireless Headset and I am having the same problem. The headset eventually turns off, being wireless but the fans are set by default to rainbow and it is kinda annoying at night.

When using LINK i would set a "quiet" or "off" profile whenever i wanted the PC's lighting to be completely off, should i revert to LINK? i believe this would render the VOID PRO useless for surround sound?

Scrolling through the forums here looking to see if anyone has written a patch or something to make it to where all the defaults are turned off when you employ Win +L

Darn. Got my K70 to do it, and you can turn down the brightness on your other accessories, but that's just another step. I want to just hit SHFT +F5 (for example), everything get's turned off, and then WIN +L and my computer is dark but still running.