Corsair Community

Corsair ML140 PRO RGB FAN/RGB ISSUE

suburbanxsatan

I can't for the life of me get the RGB's on these fans to work. I have tried every single configuration that I can think of and still only one of the fans goes RGB. I have the latest version of Corsair Link, I have removed the commander pro and the LED node from the equation and used the motherboards onboard USB with just the LED NODE & RGB NODE and still I only get one fan RGB. I have tested other fans and other connectors as Amazon has shipped me a few replacements already. Not sure what is going on here and I'm at my wits end.

Here's my link setup. I just read over your FAQ and the one thing that stuck out to me is the 12V. Only fan 1 shows 12V in the Corsair Link software and the other two are around 4 & 5v. The odd thing is when I connect all three fans to the connector the first port on the RGB Hub works and 2 and 3 cause the other two fans to go white and you can't change the colors. The back fan only one LED comes on as white. If I take fan 2 or 3 and plug it into port 1 on the Hub they'll come on as RGB as well. I tried most configurations and they match the diagrams.

I have a total of six fans. Three ML RGB Case Fans and Three fans for my H150i Pro Cooler which is just the standard non LED fans.

1185930640_CorsairLinkSetup.thumb.JPG.fc80b1434160daabb0f6611a51fdd5e1.JPG

Update: I got the fans to all work. I found out after more extensive troubleshooting that it was two of the original RGB fans I ordered. To give a little background. I bought 3 single packs of the ML RGB fans from Newegg with a CP. I also bought a LNP with RGB strips directly from Corsair. Once I received everything I realized that I should've bought a twin pack of the ML RGB Fans so that I would get the RGB Controller. So I then ordered a twin pack off Amazon to get the RGB controller. I had already installed the CP, the RGB strips and the RGB fans. The strips worked great and once I received the RGB controller I ran into all the issues with only one of the RGB fans working. So after doing many different configurations of it I RMA'd with Amazon thinking it was the RGB controller that was bad. To end this story, it ended up being two of the Single Fans I ordered from Newegg that wasn't working all together as a whole. The odd thing is I tested all three fans in port one and alone they all displayed RGB, but together in the hub they would not. I don't know what that means, but the nightmare is over.

TLDR; It ended up being two out of the three RGB case fans that was bad. Even though testing all case fans by themselves in port one they would display RGB, they would not go RGB all together in port 1,2,3.

Edited by suburbanxsatan
corrected a sentence