Corsair Community

Crystal Series 570x fans with LNP Issue

Viper20184

Hi there,

I searched through the forums.. and ive seen mixed results. Some have resolved the issues while others continue to have issues.

I bought the crystal series 570x case that comes with 3 SP RGB fans. I also bought CORSAIR CL-9011109-WW Lighting Node PRO (the 4 pack of RGB strips with the LNP). I disconnected the RGB fan hub from the SP lighting controller and used one of the connectors that came with the strip pack to connect the fans to the LNP and then the 4 strips into the other port. Loaded up the latest version of the Corsair LINK, updated the firmware on the LNP to the newest one.

The strips work fine but the lights on the fans do not work as intended. I tried to set lighting effects on the fans like rainbow or just standard shifting, but there is a lot of flickering right the lights. I set the colors to a static color and i see the top and bottom lights still flickering random colors.

I tried swapping the ports the strips and fans are connected to, updated the profiles to match the change but the result was the same. I downloaded the beta of iCue thinking that might help, but the issue is the same. If I connect the fans back to the lighting controller, they work fine (they will change color in unison, same speed, what you expect them to do out of the box).

Not sure what is going on here.. any ideas?

LINK.thumb.PNG.f8a741860d396b35804460c532da8f51.PNG

1895800263_cueprofile1.thumb.PNG.e3e743b6607668be9dad8b8fe3518650.PNG

308488930_cueprofile2.thumb.PNG.709cc9f3a05680256ffec4c97fc67290.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I have a 460x case with SP120 fans and the flickering only occurs with the LNP, not the case controller. I created a ticket with Corsair Support and was told the latest firmware should have solved the problem (it hasn't). It was recommended that I return the LNP and get a new one. I've done that and I'm having the same problem. I guess I'll follow up with Support and see what to do next.

I'm sure you've read through the other threads of people having the issue. Some seem to think it's the fans themselves. Could also be the LNP firmware, I suppose, but regardless, the issue persists.