Corsair Community

Question about fans (First time building)

JNorg

Hi

I'm planning on getting the 570x, H150i cooler, and 6 fans of the LL120.

I've searched about the push/pull config but since this is my first time building a real gaming pc I'm still quite uncertain about the fan configuration.

If I mound the front fans with the H150i cooler for inflow and place the LL120 to the top and back fans for outflow will this work? (Is this the pull/push config people are talking about?)

I've read some of the forums here but it got too in-depth real quick.

Push/Pull means that you have fans on both "sides" of the radiator. With the H150i, this would be a total of 6 fans mounted on the radiator.

That's not what you are describing.

I would recommend that you take a look at the RGB FAQs and the Cooler FAQs ... those will help give you some background. They're linked in my signature.

Push pull is not necessary for the H150i to effectively cool the CPU. It can have some benefits in total case air managment or simply allowing the radiators fans to run a little slower. However, given the expense, it usually makes more sense to start off with the traditional 3xLL120 on the radiator and then 3 more LL120/140 on the top and rear. Let it go for a while before committing to 3 more and more cable management issues.