Corsair Community

Bad Stick

pcryer

I have a bad stick and would like to see if I can get an RMA number. I only had the one stick in my computer and due to the messages I was getting I pretty much narrowed my problems down to RAM. I just got back from Fry's where I purchased another stick and installed it. This new memory has got me back up and running. Of course it is another Cosair product. Now I would like to see about getting the defective one replaced. I had the original stick in use for a year or so with no problems. Then out of the clear blue (no pun intended) I started having great difficulty sucessfully booting into Windows. Some days it would take four or so reboots to be sucessful and seemed to be getting worse. After researching the various messages I was getting at the blue screen of death, I was able to pretty much pin-point it to the RAM. Here are the messages that I can remember:

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Thanks for your help.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the module part# and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me the module part# and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Part# VS512MB400

CPU is AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.00 GHz)

Not sure what you mean by FSB

The only BIOS settings I have changed is the DDR:CPU Ratio, it is set at 3.00X

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

Please try these setting manually.

CPU Freq: 133MHz

System Performance: User Define

Dim Voltage to +2.7 Volts:

Memory Freq Ratio: DDR266 or DDR333

CAS Latency CL=2.5

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 8

Row Precharge Time tRP 3

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and make sure it's stable! And if you have 2 modules and you have 3 slots please install them in slots 1-3.

Archived