Corsair Community

ML140 and ML120 Corsair Link

zaxonet

Hello All

I have just set up a new system for my son, but i cant get any light in the fans.

The Controller is from the ML140 Set with Node and Hub.

I use the latest software, and i have tried to downgrade the Firmware on the Node, but then i can't select the ML fans in the software.

The Node is setup with Channel 1, and is connected with SATA power and the 3 pin cable to the Hub. The Hub is currently only have 1 Fan in place, i have tested with 1,2,3,4 Fans, no light at all. Its powered with the SATA cable and the other end of the 3 pin.

The link software is 4.9.6.19 i can se the Node and control channel one or two.

I have tried controlling Brightness, all the fan HD,LL, ML modes, downgrade firmware on the node, its updates to the latest version now

In the USBlyzer i can se that when i apply the settings traffik happens, so the controller should get some info.

I really can't figure this one out, my suspicion is that power is not sent out, but i dont now what is ground and what is power. on the back there is 1,2,3,4. I should be able to masseure power if there is any

I have read many solutions here, but still no light :-)

Help Needed

Yours Degn

So ... Pin 1 (with the arrow) is +5V, pin 4 is ground. That should allow you to test the power.

You shouldn't have power going between the Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) and the Fan Hub. It should be a 3-pin connector but only two of those pins (pins 2 and 3) should be connected. Pin 1 is +5V on both sides of that connection - on the NoPro side to power the LED strips and on the Fan Hub side to power the push button controller for the HD and SP fans.

The Output between 1 and 4 is 6.7 V on all 6. if i plug in the rgb cable there is no light but i take it, that pin 2-3 controls this.

ill try setting it up on another pc i have just to be sure its not working.

Edit

The power on the 3 pin, with only two cables is 0.6 to 1V in circles

Edited by zaxonet

The Output between 1 and 4 is 6.7 V on all 6. if i plug in the rgb cable there is no light but i take it, that pin 2-3 controls this.

ill try setting it up on another pc i have just to be sure its not working.

That should be 5V. Do you have any way to test the SATA power rails? Are you using any kind of adapter? Because that just ain't right.

its an very old intrument, it might be off, i only use it for AC on the house outlets.

But i moved all the pieces to another Computer, and its the same result, the fans spins, but there is no light at all in the fans.

I might be the firmware or the Node is Broke, ll try the support from Corsair, so i can get it changed.

Thanks alot for the help

i did some calibration on the multimerter, i dont have two, but i had 15 1.5V batteries and a few 9V volts :-) The Output is now 11.8V, 4.8V and 3.1V on the Sata, and 4.8V on the 6 Outputs from the RGB Hub. SO i still think the Device is Broken

OK ... so you should have one of the fans, at least, light up, regardless of the channel that it's on. :( And that's not happening, correct?

If I had to guess, I'd guess that the fan hub isn't sending the signal to the fans. Since it's new, you quickest route may be to do an exchange with the retailer. Barring that, Corsair RMA is an option.

DN8Rh93.jpg

Start adding fans in channel 1 and remove channel 2. I made the same mistake the first time. Technically you should upgrade CUE from the downloads area of the site (it doesn't seem to detect it on its own). Then you should completely uninstall LINK. CUE does it all now.

Edited by TheRoops

• 2 weeks later...