Corsair Community

CUE 2.24.35 USB Disconnect

menboong

I have an issue with CUE and my keyboard the corsair k70 lux rgb where as soon as CUE loads up on startup I get the windows USB disconnect sound. I thought i fixed the issue by uninstalling CUE and all the drivers and reinstalling them again but the issue came back. The Keyboard functions fine and is on the latest firmware. I've also tried plugging the keyboard into different USB ports but the sound still persists it doesn't happen when i exit the program and restart it, only when windows boots up and CUE is first loaded.

• Corsair Employees

I have gone ahead and provided the link to get the previous version of CUE. If you are still having issues feel free to create a support ticket and our technical support team will be happy to assist you.

http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/CUE/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.23.40_release.msi

I tried installing the 2.23.40 version but unfortunately it didn't fix the issue. This is the second keyboard same model to do this. I contacted support about the issue with the first keyboard and they wanted me to ship it to their rma department in taiwan but the shipping was too expensive as I'm located in Australia so I returned the first one to the place of purchase. Is my only option to return this one as well?

I am getting a device disconnect sound when I restart my computer. I have a k95 rgb platinum keyboard and a glaive rgb mouse and with any version of the cue software installed I have this problem when the software is uninstalled the problem goes away. I ran this setup for months with out the device disconnect sound the problem started late December 2017 when windows update installed a patch kb 4056892 to fix the spectre meltdown flaws in the intel chips. I tested it by uninstalling the patch and the problem goes away and let the patch re-install it self and the problem came back. I can't find no version of cue software that fixes this problem I hope corsair looks into this and provides a version of the software that works with the patch in place because google who found the flaw has gone public with it so you keep a patch system.