Corsair Community

Asus a7n8x-x and Corsair VS512MB400

beverett04

I just uprgraded my memory to two sticks of the Corsair VS512MB400 and whenever I'm playing Half LIfe 2 or Far Cry my system will crash with a blue error screen. I put my old memory back in which is some pc2100 and it hasn't crashed at all. I've read some other posts about this problem but not with my exact memory. I'm not sure where to start. Any help would be great. thank you!

Athlon XP 2500+ Barton

cpu ext. freq. 200mhz

System Perf. - User Defined

Memory Freq. - Auto

Memory Timings - optimal

SDRAM Active precharge Delay - 8

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay - 3

SDRAM RAS Precharge Delay - 3

SDRAM CAS Latency - 2.5t

DDR Ref. Voltage - 2.6v

I'm not sure what you meant by performance settings, so I'm assuming you mean in game. I am running 1280x1024 with everything on the default settings as I do when I'm running on my pc2100 ram I have. If you need more information let me know.

also i am running on slots 2 and 3 right now.

• Corsair Employees

Athlon XP 2500+ Barton run at 166 MHZ

cpu ext. freq. 166 mhz

System Perf. - User Defined

Memory Freq. - 1-1 or 100% or DDR333

Memory Timings - User defined

SDRAM Active precharge Delay - 8

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay - 3

SDRAM RAS Precharge Delay - 3

SDRAM CAS Latency - 2.5t

DDR Ref. Voltage - 2.7v (Dim or DDR would be the memory voltage)

the cpu is overclocked. i forgot mention that.

that's why the setting is at 200mhz. its clocked to a 3200+. i have never had any problems with this ever. I've already tried those settings you said. We had the same problems with the blue screen of death? any other suggestions?

• Corsair Employees

Have you tried testing the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to make sure it is not one weak module? And I have no problem replacing the modules, but what you have posted suggests some other problem.

Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Rma@corsairmemory.com.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

The reseller will not authorize any exchanges. Is there anyway I can RMA the two modules of the VS512MB400 and pay the difference? I am now on the asus website and they reccommend CMX512-3200C 2XMS3202 v1.1 is this any different from the Twinx1024-3200C2. Do you know of any if anyone else with the asus a7n8x-x has any issues with that board and this speed of memory before?

So I put the two modules back in last night at about 9pm. I have had no problems since? wierd... I ran memtest on both modules seperately for 4 passes, no errors. I have been monitoring my temps and voltages. I've noticed the 12v source, I'm assuming my powersuplly has been getting a little higher from readings with my Asus Probe Utility... do you think the PSU could be the culprit and is just going bad?

Archived