Corsair Community

How to manually change profile?

Evostance

• Corsair Employees

Hello Evostance,

As hastegag suggested, you should be able to set a button in each profile to be a profile switching button to easily switch between the two.

You could also link the profile to the specific program that you are using it with so that CUE will automatically switch to that profile when the program/game is the active window.

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies if I am hijacking this thread, but my question is closely related.

I was wondering if there is a way to programmatically change profiles without dedicating weeks of my life learning an API.

Some background:

I am really into home automation and recently started using some LIFX bulbs throughout my apartment. I use my Vera hub to control them for many things, including flashing different colors as notifications of certain events such as receiving an email. I've also created several "scenes" that I can call up with my Android phone or automation hub that set the lights to predetermined RGB values, creating unique ambiance settings. I've found that the Corsair K95 keyboard compliments these scenes perfectly and it looks super cool to have my keyboard matching the colors of the various lights in my room, especially with animations.

The only thing that bugs me (as an automation fanatic) is that I need to set these profiles manually. So the point of all of this is that I need to find a way to automate the keyboard, and I was wondering if there might be a way to use some sort of script that could be triggered over my LAN to change profiles (Lua would be fantastic).

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.