Corsair Community

Link not seeing the full rpm range for my fans

Phil Lee

I got an H115i Pro last week and have been setting it up in a refreshed version of my PC over the last couple of days. I also have a Command Pro since my mobo only has one USB port.

I've had issues with 4.9.6.19 not working properly so went back to 4.9.5.25 after reading advice on this forum. My devices have the following software installed:

H115i Pro: FW 1.0.2.0

Command Pro: FW 0.7.199, BL 0.4

I am still having issues with Link. It doesn't seem to pick up the full RPM range of the fans I have installed. I am using a pair of Noctua NF-A14 industrialppc-3000 PWM fans connected to the fan hub on the H115i Pro. The fans have a very wide controllable range with a minimum speed of ~315 rpm and a maximum of ~2600 rpm. When my system starts they always seem to be detected as having a narrow range between 600 and 650 rpm and remain in this range when Balanced is selected.

If I manually train them using Zero rpm and Max settings, I get access to the full rpm range of the fans.

Is there something I'm missing? How can I get Link to correctly remember the full rpm range of these fans?

Edited by Phil Lee

The default settings will use pre-set fan curves; there is no "training" of the fan curve. You need to create a custom curve.

Are these fans connected to the CoPro or to the cooler's controller? Either way ... custom fan curve. If the cooler, it'll be based on PWM duty cycle (percentage); if the CoPro, it'll be based on a target fan speed.

Part of the problem is the minimum rotation speed for the 3000 rpm A14i is 800 rpm. Link and the C-Pro are using their controller magic to try and turn it down as low as it can, but this usually involves some electrical tricks and the process is not always repeatable. This why I generally recommend the 2000 rpm PWM version with a natural 400-500 min and a top end you still can't make total use of. You may just have to live with that. The industrials line can be tricky on some controllers as well. There are a few PWM controllers out there on various products that do not like them at all.

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with them, but they really are for heavy use. The 3000 rpm pair is one of the very few I sold on quickly. I still have 10-12 of the 2000 rpm version. The 3K is best left for sport benchmarking or extremely dense radiators where an extra 1000 rpm for 1-2C reduction still puts you in a better position.