Corsair Community

H100i cpu fan error

fklioside

Got home today to a cpu fan error when booting computer. When I hit F1 the cpu temps start at 50 and go up quick into red until I’m forced to shut down.

Cpu cooler is 3 years old and never had a problem. Any idea what is wrong? It turns on and the light is on but not sure what is wrong. I checked the plugs and nothing is loose.

Where do I start?!!

It reads like a pump failure. Usually the CPU fan error means the motherboard can no longer detect a device on the other end and this means a electrical failure of some sort on the cooler side. Lights and fans are on, so you have power. There really isn't much more you can check.

Start a support ticket from the Link at the top of the page. Make sure you mention the 50-55-60-65.... climbing CPU temps, the lights and power are on, and the CPU fan error. Those are all classic signs of the failing. Try to do the Advance RMA if you can (not always available). This requires a credit card hold and then you get a direct shipment first, then return the dead unit. You have to ask for this.