Corsair Community

Oculus Rift HDMI error w/Corsair One

zend

I have a Corsair One Elite with a 1080 Ti. I'm using the front-facing HDMI and and USB ports to drive an Oculus Rift headset.

Things typically work fine after a reboot but it seems that once the PC has been through a sleep cycle, the Rift headset goes into an error state. It appears to be the HDMI connectivity (vs. USB) that's failing. Rebooting clears it up.

I've tried to figure this out by searching various forums but haven't had much luck. Some comments suggest that this problem can be caused by using a jumper to connect the HDMI port on the card to a case (which is how I presume the 1080 Ti is wired to the front HDMI port. Other comments suggest that there might be a sleep setting - either BIOS or Windows - which can help.

Anyone experience something similar and work through it? Rebooting isn't the end of the world but it's certainly annoying enough to cause me to look for a better fix.

Thanks.

Hi Zend

I have a Pro 1080ti and while I had lots of issues, the Rift has always worked perfectly. I’m using the front connectors on the machine.

Note that there was an update from Oculus that fixes certificates issues between the glasses and their software. You want to follow the link in an email Oculus sent for this. It was released circa two weeks ago.

Hi Zend

I have a Pro 1080ti and while I had lots of issues, the Rift has always worked perfectly. I’m using the front connectors on the machine.

Note that there was an update from Oculus that fixes certificates issues between the glasses and their software. You want to follow the link in an email Oculus sent for this. It was released circa two weeks ago.

Thanks for the response. The Oculus update isn't the issue for me...without the update the Oculus app fails to launch. I have the updated client and it launches fine.

It really does seem to be a sleep cycle that breaks connectivity with the HDMI port. Unplugging / re-plugging the HDMI cable in doesn't help; a full reboot is required.

Someone posted on a forum that they were able to fix it by disabling power management in device manager for all USB ports/hubs. I may give that a shot.

• Corsair Employees
Thanks for the response. The Oculus update isn't the issue for me...without the update the Oculus app fails to launch. I have the updated client and it launches fine.

It really does seem to be a sleep cycle that breaks connectivity with the HDMI port. Unplugging / re-plugging the HDMI cable in doesn't help; a full reboot is required.

Someone posted on a forum that they were able to fix it by disabling power management in device manager for all USB ports/hubs. I may give that a shot.

Give that a try and please report back if it resolves it. I'll ask on my end to see if there's a solution.