Corsair Community

I think this is going to work. Need your opinion.

KarmAngel

I think i figured out, how to have 8 case fans, controling the RPM and their RGB. The products i will need are:

1 Corsair Commander Pro (5 fans populated) [sata + USB 2.0]

+

1 Corsair H150i Pro RGB (3 fans populated) [sata + USB 2.0]

+

Package: (3 Fans PWM LL120 PRO RGB LED + Lighting Node PRO + RGB Lighting Hub) [2 Sata + USB 2.0]

+

Package: (2 Fans PWM LL140 Pro RGB LED + Lighting Node PRO + RGB Lighting Hub) [1 Sata]

+

1 Fan LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM

+

2 Fans LL140 RGB 140mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM

+

2 CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit

Here's how i'm going to instal this:

First of all, the RPM control issue is resolved by:

- Commander Pro will have 5 of 8 fans on it, to control their RPM;

- The rest of the fans, the 3 fans, will be connected to the Corsair H150i Pro RGB, and this CPU Cooler will be connected to CPU_FAN, feeding them the correct RPM and providing control as well. (i assumed these conections are right by watching this video: [ame]

[/ame]

In the terms of RGB control by Link software:

- First RGB Lighting Hub will be populated with 6 fans;

- Second RGB Lighting Hub will be populated with the rest of the fans, which are only 2 fans;

- These 2 RGB Lighting Hubs, will be connected to the 2 channels that Lighting Node Pro has;

- Lighting Node Pro will connect to Commander Pro by USB 2.0 port;

- Also, H150i Pro RGB (cpu cooler) will also connect to Commander Pro by USB 2.0 port;

- The 2 CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kits, bring 8 Led Strips on total, which will occupy the 2 Led Channels from Commander Pro (4 Led strips on each channel).

In conclusion, i will have control on the fans RPM as well my PC adjusting the RPM automatically according to the temperatures, and i will also have control on the RGB Leds from all fans and Led strips. This crazy operation will cost me 5 SATA connections, 3 x USB 2.0 (still having 1 more port from the MOBO, which i can expand using an internal USB hub.

So what do you think? Have my ignorance on PC stuff, actually done some homework and give the correct solution?

It sounds like you actually have a pretty good handle on how it's all going to connect and work ... excellent job!

One comment for clarification: the H150i Pro will be connected to the CPU_FAN header but that is only to provide a tach reading so that you don't get a CPU Fan warning from the BIOS on boot. Control will be through USB via Link.

There's just way too much RGB going on, and that's just in your post.

Anyway, read through this:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

:laughing: I know it's too much RGB, but i just love those lights/ambient/vibe. My bad for this excessive taste :D:

Thanks for dropping by the link; it will be useful for me, as an ignorant on PCs that's trying to make it's way to Gaming, to learn from this

It sounds like you actually have a pretty good handle on how it's all going to connect and work ... excellent job!

One comment for clarification: the H150i Pro will be connected to the CPU_FAN header but that is only to provide a tach reading so that you don't get a CPU Fan warning from the BIOS on boot. Control will be through USB via Link.

Thanks! :winking: Yeah that's what i'm planning to do. The H150i Pro will connect to the CPU_Fan header and it's USB connection will be direct connected to Commander Pro (of course, i will be downloading Link Software and CUE Soffware)

Thanks! :winking: Yeah that's what i'm planning to do. The H150i Pro will connect to the CPU_Fan header and it's USB connection will be direct connected to Commander Pro (of course, i will be downloading Link Software and CUE Soffware)

Excellent! When are you planning on getting this all together?

:laughing: I know it's too much RGB, but i just love those lights/ambient/vibe. My bad for this excessive taste :D:

Thanks for dropping by the link; it will be useful for me, as an ignorant on PCs that's trying to make it's way to Gaming, to learn from this

It's all good. Learning especially. And as for RGB.......

h0VJ9FG.jpg

Ya, I don't have any in my rig. Nope, none at all.

Excellent! When are you planning on getting this all together?

It's goint to take a while. Due to not being rich, i save as much money as i can during the time i'm on university and holidays i find work to get some money. I will only plan to build the PC and buying all the components, once i finish university, get out of my parents house to be on my own house (yet i only can have this if i find a job) and have a job that i studied for. I don't know if i will emigrate or not (but most likely yes), but when i get my feet on the place i will be living and working and my situation stabilize, i will get my dream on going... it's a matter of not giving up and fight for what i want.

It's goint to take a while. Due to not being rich, i save as much money as i can during the time i'm on university and holidays i find work to get some money. I will only plan to build the PC and buying all the components, once i finish university, get out of my parents house to be on my own house (yet i only can have this if i find a job) and have a job that i studied for. I don't know if i will emigrate or not (but most likely yes), but when i get my feet on the place i will be living and working and my situation stabilize, i will get my dream on going... it's a matter of not giving up and fight for what i want.

Love your attitude and persistence! Definitely understand that it's a plan and goal, not a happening. Best of luck to you on your journey!

Love your attitude and persistence! Definitely understand that it's a plan and goal, not a happening. Best of luck to you on your journey!

Thanks man :biggrin: It's people like you that are nice, honest and helpful, that motivates me to do more and more. Thanks for everything, you are the MVP here

Your system looks great. I was wondering about one thing. Is your rear fan intended to be an intake fan?

Thanks.

I've run it in both directions. One theory being that with only two intakes up front the case is in a negative pressure situation. But I haven't seen any appreciable difference with it in either direction.