Corsair Community

Sad about my ll140's

scotsue

The last few weeks I built my first computer. Everything went great. I never thought I would consider fan lighting but some where along the line I was hooked. I bought my first led fans, a pair of ll140's for the front of my 750d to start with, then expand from there if I like them. The colors and cooling was great, BUT.........it slowed my new rig down. I couldn't see spending thousands of dollars for a fast computer just to slow it down with a few cooling fans. Too bad too because I LOVED the fans.

I also have Commander Pro, which I read slowed thing down, but it wasn't CPro. As soon as I took the fans out of the mix, things sped up as normal. Tested it several times with the same result. It seems global across the computer from opening programs, startup, to editing images. Too bad.

Asus Hero X

Water cooling

750D case

750 psu

2x16

i7 8700

256 M.2

1TB SSD

Edited by scotsue

No, it would be extremely bizarre for a very powerful 8700K to be affected in anyway by what Link in doing. Perhaps you can describe exactly how it was "slowing down" and maybe we can put together a hypothesis. There are a lot of us on Z370 boards, with Commander Pro controllers, and one of the RGB fans series. This is not a common complaint.