Corsair Community

MSI K8N Neo2 Plat. + CMX512-3200 v2.1

yarik

Hi Ram Guy, Can you help me with compatibility question?

There have been some threads about K8N Neo2 and CMX512-3200 compatibility problems here. Before I make my desicion to get new M/B I'd like to confirm it would work with my old RAM.

I have 2xCMX512-3200 v2.1 (original DDR400 i got back in 2002 - costed a fortune back then!). There were not such things as matched pair back then so I got 2 stics at the same time. I can run it at 2-3-3-6 at DDR400 (rated at 2.5-3-3-6) single channel on Asus P4PE /P4 2.53 and want to upgrade my MB to MSI K8N Neo2 Platimun / AMD64 3500+.

Will my 2 stics work in Neo2? If yes, what timing I can set them to? Will they do 2-3-3-6 ? Will they work in Dual-channel on K8N Neo2? They seem to have same SPD programmed as DDR2700 but I can O/C them in P4 board - will I be able to O/C them to DDR400 in Neo2? What voltage should I set them to?

Thanks a lot! Corsair RAM ROCKS!

• Corsair Employees

I would just try it, and if you have a problem let me know we will be happy to replace or reprogram them if needed. But yes they should run great with that MB but you would need to set the timings and frequency manually.

I would suggest Cass 2.5-3-3-7 at DDR400 with the voltage set to 2.7 Volts.

Archived