Corsair Community

Problem with new system build

HalfOz

Hello,

Im having a problem with my brand new system. It's a 570x case with 4 LL120 rgb fans and 2 LL140 rgb fans. I have 3 in the front, the 2 140s on the top, and 1 in the back.

Im connecting them all to the 6 fan ports in my commander pro and the fan hub included with the case. I believe everything is connect correctly.

When I first turned on the pc, the fans all spun, but only 2 were lit. I figured that was due to the fan hub still being plugged into the case. I booted into Windows and installed link, but had no change so I started changing things. I unplugged one of the fans and moved the usb to another port on the mother board, when I booted again the fans no longer were spinning.

I tried reverting the changes I made, and nothing I do seems to get the fans to spin.

If the fan hub is plugged into the case, 2 fans will light up white, if the fan hub is plugged into the led port on the commander pro, no lights and no fan spinning.

Again, initially when I booted the fans all spun up no problem.

I did update firmware in link before shutting down. Not sure if that is related but it could be. I'm not sure but I'm exhausted and need assistance.

It sounds like you have all of the necessary pieces.

The Fan Hub is connected to the Commander Pro, correct? And to confirm, you have six LL fans and have replaced the 3 SP-RGB fans that come with the 570x case, correct?

Note that the case comes with a controller that works fro SP-RGB fans only. The push-button controller that comes with the case does not work with the LL fans.

When you installed Link, you configured the Commander Pro for the LL fans, correct? Can you post an image of the main Link screen?

All 6 fans are the LL ones, 4x120 and 2x140. I did replace the existing fans that came with the case.

All 6 fans are plugged into the commander pro and the hub. The hub is also now plugged into commander pro.

I will have to wait to post a screenshot of the link software, but I didn't customize the software for LL fans, I'll look into how to do that. I have to work today >.<

What I'd also like to know is if it's normal for the fans to not light up initially? What about the fact that when I first booted the system the fans were spinning, then when I loaded link and rebooted they're not spinning... I'm REALLY hoping it's software. Everything SHOULD be connected correctly.

You do need to add the fans to the lighting node in Link before they will light up. Link can't detect the connected fans; they are actually pretty dumb devices and don't provide any method to query them for identification or even presence.

There is a default that you say already that starts before Link is installed/connects to the CoPro/NoPro. That's likely what you saw. Once Link connects, if you don't have any devices connected, that gets shut down/turned off.

Check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature.

I will check those out later tonight, thank you. Will the fans also stop spinning if they're not added in link?

If they are connected to the Commander Pro, they should spin.

When you get home, if they aren't spinning, can you post an image of your Commander Pro configuration from the main page of Link?