Corsair Community

H115i Pro not responding to Link

Broxer

Hello everyone,

I just finished my new build and I'm having some issues controlling my H115i pro. It is cooling and I can see the values for the pump speed and fans in the Link software but I can't get the pump speed to change or the RGB colors to change from their default state.

This is a fresh install of Windows 10, the most recent version of Link released 3/21/18. I've uninstalled EVGA XOC and Asus Aura programs thinking they were interfering. I tried an earlier version of Corsair Link. I reseated the USB cable on the pump and changed it to a different USB 2.0 header on the mobo. I uninstalled the device driver and did a clean in stall of Link but no success. When I change the pump between quiet, balanced and performance the speed of the pump is suppose to change, correct? I've tried it at idle and under load but it stays around 2200rpm. Same with the RBG colors, I want to set it to a static color but it stays on rainbow mode or whatever the default is.

Since I can't get changes in the Link software to affect the pump or LED's I'm thinking I may have a bad USB cable. Does anyone have any other ideas I can try?

Thanks!

Uninstall Link version 4.9.6.19 you likely just downloaded. There appears to be a rather serious error with it and the two PRO model coolers where the entire until is unresponsive to commands. The prior version was Link 4.9.5.25 which should work, although it disappeared during Corsair's recent website demolition. You can likely easily find it through a google search from a trusted hosting site or Link 4.9.4 is up on Corsair site. Note the versions are not in chronological order on the download list. There is also further posting on this in the Link section of the forum.

Like most, I have had issues with LINK running my 115i PRO as well where it would show up and then disappear. For some time I was using USBDeview to "enable" it and it would start again and everything would be fine. Now that isn't even working. Still running LINK 4.9.5.25, so that isn't the issue. Should I just uninstall LINK, reset computer, reinstall LINK?

Like most, I have had issues with LINK running my 115i PRO as well where it would show up and then disappear. For some time I was using USBDeview to "enable" it and it would start again and everything would be fine. Now that isn't even working. Still running LINK 4.9.5.25, so that isn't the issue. Should I just uninstall LINK, reset computer, reinstall LINK?

I notice that you have an EVGA GPU. Are you running EVGA XOC? If so, that's what is causing your ongoing issues.

Switch to MSI Afterburner for GPU control. It tends to be more stable and reliable, even on the EVGA line. If for whatever reason you are tied to it, you might be able to gain some headway by saving your fan, pump, and basic lighting settings to the device (cooler) and then exiting Link before launching Precision XOC, which you shouldn’t need to keep open all the time. You may or may not be able to see coolant temp and fan speeds in a monitoring window, but the cooler should still do its thing, as set. Edited by c-attack
Contradicting contraction

Can’t run MSI with this video card because of asynchronous fans (unless MSI software has changed recently). Guess I need to explore the EVGA forums.

Some users have reported that disabling the RGB Sync feature fixes things. It is, from what I understand, this feature that causes all of the problems; it attempts to take over the RGB control of the pump and, when it comes to software accessing the pump, it works in Highlander mode ... there can only be one.

Can’t run MSI with this video card because of asynchronous fans (unless MSI software has changed recently). Guess I need to explore the EVGA forums.

I have an EVGA 1080ti and truly the MSI software is better overall for the options. I do have Precision XOC installed but I rarely look at it, might start playing with it more to set the colors on the card but overall I leave it alone and use MSI. While yes yes the lighting control and the asynchronous fan support is out with MSI you can set the can controls (all fans at once) to what ever speed you'd like them at. The separate fan controls seems a little overkill on the EVGA but I understand it can help cool certain parts more if it gets a little warmer. Curious have you tried the iCue software? I just got a H115i Pro and LL fans mostly setup last night and maybe it will work with the Precision XOC software.

Side note I use the MSI Afterburner for other things as well. I get LCD readout on my keyboard via the MSI software for GPU/CPU speeds/temps/etc. Could probably add in more items like fan support and such. That is one of the nice things with the software I do enjoy and if I used Precision XOC it doesn't have that function.

I have an EVGA 1080ti and truly the MSI software is better overall for the options. I do have Precision XOC installed but I rarely look at it, might start playing with it more to set the colors on the card but overall I leave it alone and use MSI. While yes yes the lighting control and the asynchronous fan support is out with MSI you can set the can controls (all fans at once) to what ever speed you'd like them at. The separate fan controls seems a little overkill on the EVGA but I understand it can help cool certain parts more if it gets a little warmer. Curious have you tried the iCue software? I just got a H115i Pro and LL fans mostly setup last night and maybe it will work with the Precision XOC software.

Side note I use the MSI Afterburner for other things as well. I get LCD readout on my keyboard via the MSI software for GPU/CPU speeds/temps/etc. Could probably add in more items like fan support and such. That is one of the nice things with the software I do enjoy and if I used Precision XOC it doesn't have that function.

If XOC is still trying to take over the cooler, iCue will have the exact same issue that Link has. It's a problem with two applications trying to access the cooler at the same time. However, the cooler works in Highlander mode - there can only be one. This is the source of the conflict. XOC does have a new update; I don't know if they've resolved this issue or not. If they have, then it'll work fine with both iCue and Link.