Corsair Community

P4C800-E Deluxe and Corsair DDR 550

altern8

i picked up a Intel 2.4c CPU, ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe, and a pair of Corsair 512mb TWINX1024-4400C25 / DDR-550 (XMS-4400) / 2.5-4-4-8 memory ... i overclock the CPU to 250FSB (3.0ghz) but unable to run the memory at 1:1 (forced to run at 5:4) ... my question is:

why cant i run the memory at 1:1 (250mhz=DDR500) at 250fsb (Prime95 will fail if it is set above 5:4, and so will memtest)? isnt my new memory rated for this type of overclocking? the only reason i swapped my Corsair 3200 was because i couldnt get the system to run at 1:1 ratio ...

• Corsair Employees

That sounds like the CPU may be holding you back. Can you test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set these settings manually as well just to test.

CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 250MHz

DRAM Clock: Manually set to 1:1 or 400MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank

SDRAM VDIMM: 2.85

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Maximum recommended VDIMM: 2.9

System performance should be set to Auto as well as PAT.

• Corsair Employees

Please call them at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or send an email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Rma@corsairmemory.com.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

Archived