Corsair Community

corsair hd120 fans changing color

backstabbin

hey guys so i have just rebuilt my pc in a new case and everytime i boot up my fans keep going into like a demo mode switching between all colors and modes i don't have a node or anything like that just the controller to change mode color and speed it worked perfectly fine before tho .......

The basic three-button controller is a very simple cheap device with a very, very simple bit of logic and I suspect perhaps a tiny amount of flash memory to store its state. It sounds like the flash memory may have finally died and no longer be writable. Or it may have a capacitor to maintain a very, very low load memory state for a while with no power. If it's the latter, then that could be discharged by pushing the buttons when it's off, thus doing so should be avoided.

Sadly, for all the other things i have laying around, I don't have any intact HD controllers. ^.^;

Unfortunately it's a self-contained dumb device. If you got two three-packs of HD120 RGB fans, you should have a spare one. You can also try opening a support case with Corsair tech support directly and see if they have any input. That would be the potentially-free option.

Other options are of course the LNP, Commander Plus, or use the information in the thread at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165029 to make your own super spiffy custom controller. All of those have some cost involved though

The basic three-button controller is a very simple cheap device with a very, very simple bit of logic and I suspect perhaps a tiny amount of flash memory to store its state. It sounds like the flash memory may have finally died and no longer be writable. Or it may have a capacitor to maintain a very, very low load memory state for a while with no power. If it's the latter, then that could be discharged by pushing the buttons when it's off, thus doing so should be avoided.

Sadly, for all the other things i have laying around, I don't have any intact HD controllers. ^.^;

Unfortunately it's a self-contained dumb device. If you got two three-packs of HD120 RGB fans, you should have a spare one. You can also try opening a support case with Corsair tech support directly and see if they have any input. That would be the potentially-free option.

Other options are of course the LNP, Commander Plus, or use the information in the thread at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165029 to make your own super spiffy custom controller. All of those have some cost involved though

hey man thanks for the reply im using 2 controllers so it seems they have both gone bad just my look haha i think ill get the commander