Corsair Community

120 Fan RGB not working

Gulla7510

Hey Guys,

Need some help. I completed a build yesterday with the Corsair 570x case. I added 3 RGB fans to build (2 top, 1 Back).

I connected the RBG wires into the RGB LED hub in the back of the case. I put them in slots 4,5,6 (1,2,3 were being used for the 3 fans in the front).

When i powered on the computer for the first time all of the fans turned on. However, the RBG was not working for the fan in spot 6. I took the fan that was plugged into spot 6, and tried it in spot 5 and the RGB turned on.

Any Advice?

The fan that was in slot 5 did not work when i plugged it into spot 6.

the fan originally in spot 6, did work when in spot 5.

Could spot 6 just be bad?

That is what it looks like right now. I would try switching the fan from slot 1 to slot 5.

These fans work in a series ... like Christmas lights ... and the fan will "pass the signal" down the line to the next in the series. So it's entirely possible that a fan will light up, but not pass the signal down the line.

By putting the fan in slot 1 into slot 5, we're putting a fan in that slot that we know will pass the signal down the line (or none of your fans would work). If we still see the same behavior, then we know that it's the fan hub. Just make sure that you have all of the fan ports filled.

That is what it looks like right now. I would try switching the fan from slot 1 to slot 5.

These fans work in a series ... like Christmas lights ... and the fan will "pass the signal" down the line to the next in the series. So it's entirely possible that a fan will light up, but not pass the signal down the line.

By putting the fan in slot 1 into slot 5, we're putting a fan in that slot that we know will pass the signal down the line (or none of your fans would work). If we still see the same behavior, then we know that it's the fan hub. Just make sure that you have all of the fan ports filled.

I will try this later today. Another poster brought up the series of the fans. 3 are LL series, and 3 are SP series. Would that make a difference?

I will try this later today. Another poster brought up the series of the fans. 3 are LL series, and 3 are SP series. Would that make a difference?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

You cannot mix and match fan series on the same fan hub. And the SP series are VERY different from the LL series.

See the FAQ linked in my signature.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

You cannot mix and match fan series on the same fan hub. And the SP series are VERY different from the LL series.

See the FAQ linked in my signature.

I will check out the FAQ now...Not to sound dumb, but....why would 2 turn on if you cannot match on the same hub?

They'll be getting power and a signal, just not the correct ones. The SP fans use a different type of RGB LED as well.

Awesome. One last question then, If i set up the Hub that came w/ the LL fans I should be good to go then?