Corsair Community

Yet another A8N-SLI Deluxe question.

Zapper_Weisman

I am trying to throw together a new system. I've been reading that people are having lots of problems with ram on the A8N-SLI board and I am a little worried. Here is what I have (or ultimately will have):

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe - 1.02 board rev.

4x Corsair 3500C2 (CMX512-3500C2 - XMS3502v1.1) - I am aware that this is discontinued ram.

Enermax EG701AX-VE SFMA 2.0 (600 watts'o power)

AMD 3500+ Winchester

Does anyone know if my ram is absolutely NOT going to work? I am trying to get away with using my old ram. The thought of buying 2 more gigs of ram after the expense of the other parts is frightening. I should add I've been using this ram for a few years, mainly in P4C800-E boards. Over the years I have run numerous memtest86's and these modules have never produced errors and always at 2.0-2-2-5, 8 burst length, 200MHz FSB, 2.55v. Am I safe, or will I most likely have to end up buying new ram?

If I have to, what are suggested modules for this board? I haven't put the system together yet. I have the motherboard. I am waiting on the CPU to arrive and then I need a PCI-E video card. (probably an ATi x850 Pro, depending on pricing and availability.) The more I have to buy, on my current budget, the longer I have to wait to enjoy my new system. :[pouts: But the perk is, the longer I have to wait, the more mature the BIOS's will be by that time. *crosses fingers*

Thanks for takin' the time to read this. :biggrin:

I'm 99.9% certain that you can use 2 sticks of that RAM easily. That 3500 is some of the best RAM ever made and most any MOBO likes the old Winbond stuff. However, the problems I am seeing are typically with 4 sticks of RAM. I'd watch the threads closely and see if bios resolves this. It may already have, there are several threads here at Corsair.

Good luck, Mike.

That's reassuring to hear. I hope you are right, and that Asus hits the 4 module issue hard in the next few BIOS revisions. I'd love to just pop these 4 modules right in.

I agree with you. These modules have been 100% reliable, preformed very well (at 200 FSB. i am not an overclocker. stock speeds have been good enough for me.), and worked great in all the boards I ever tried them in. I thought it was a cryin' shame when I found out they were killing that particular line. I found out when I was trying to get more of them for a couple of other computers. Anyway, I hope this Asus/nVidia board doesn't kill that trend.

Thanks, Mike. :D:

Archived