Corsair Community

Defective memory module, need ASAP an RMA!!!!

Sylvain45

Hi,

I bought a 1gb memory kit (2x512mb) p/n VS512MB533D2. One the modules is not working. My motherboard is an Intel D915PBL with 4 memory slots. For the investigation, I set the motherboard bios to the default setting and reseted the bios too (after a first test with the personnal setting). The bios already have the latest version so no need to flash it with a newer firmware. I removed too all hardware except the vid card (Saphire Radeon X600 pro 128mb PCI-E). During the boot sequence, only one memory module is recognized. I tested them seperately. I tried the good one in all memory slots and the machine worked fine and was able to boot. After I installed the defective one, the machine did not boot on all memory slots. Like dead.

Following the results of those tests, it is quite evident that I got a defective memory module in that kit. I asked what to do from my reseller (Tigerdirect) and they told me to made an RMA request to the manufacturer so with an RMA number, they will be able to take back my memory kit.

Only you can tell me the right procedure because I have a strange feeling that my reseller want to wash his hands with it.

Thank you...

:bigeyes:

Hi,

I received the RMA notification by email and I will return the goods for exchange. Please discard the request I sent by email by following your link to the "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

Regards...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Quick response time for replacement. Received new memory module kit. That was fast. Gonna have to wait because my mobo had to be returned too because of a defective PCI slot. (lucky guy I guess...) Can't wait to receive it and smoke my living room...

Cheers...

:sunglasse

Archived