Corsair Community

Vs512mb400c3

nadams

If I have this module installed in my system it will boot into windows, but then crash as soon as I log in (reboots). If I try to run memtest with this module in, it immediately restarts the computer. When I take the module out, it runs fine with the other 512mb module that's installed. I swapped the physical locations of the memory and it is the exact same problem. Purchased this too long ago to return to newegg, but it's still less than a year old! The lot # is 0437020-0

Please test the module by it self with http://www.memtest.org and if you do find you are getting errors then please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

As stated above, I tried testing the module with memtest, but as soon as the program loads it restarts the computer. I believe this confirms that the module is dead.

• Corsair Employees

No that would suggest some other problem.

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

No that would suggest some other problem.

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I apologize for not explaining further in my first post, but this module has been working fine with another module for at least a month or two. This weekend I came in and the computer had a "memory could not be read" error. When I restarted the machine, it would no longer work with this stick of memory in.

Here's the info you requested-

Aopen K8HTB motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor (200mhz FSB)

RAM is 166mhz (333mhz operating)

All DRAM timings are set to auto in the BIOS

And let me just restate that the RAM worked fine until I came in on Monday, nothing had changed, the machine hadn't even been shut down. Worked fine on Friday, dead on Monday.

Archived