Corsair Community

1GB Corsair TwinX 3200XLPT faulty or not

c3ham

Hi i ran memtest86 v3.2 on my system and got errors after about 2 minutes this is with the memory at stock speed and timing i also tried raising the voltage at bit with no luck. My system seems stable, prime95 runs for 24 hours without any problems so is my memory faulty

Athlon 64 3200

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe (latest beta bios)

1GB Corsair TwinX 3200XLPT 2-2-2-5 1T

XFX 6800GT

Liteon DVD-RW

PaxPower 460W PSU (dual rail)

ok thanks wired i will try what u have suggested tonight after i get home from work and give you a detailed report of my findings. A wee question if the sims work ok on there own but not in dual channel is that a memory or motherboard problem

• Corsair Employee

Please put the memory modules on either slots 1&3 or 2&4; make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB; load optimized/set up default, and set the following BIOS settings;

TwinX512 or TwinX1024-3200XL

Advanced CPU/Memory Configuration:

Memclock Mode: Limit

Memclock Value: 2:1 (DDR400)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 8

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

2T Command Rate: Disabled

Jumper Free/Frequency Voltage Control:

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual

CPU FSB Clock: 200

DDR Voltage: 2.8 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings should be set to default settings!Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let's make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Hi ramguy

i checked my system with the setting u recommended and here is my results

Dual Channel in slot A1&B1 @ 2.75v

got 5 errors at test 4 on the first pass (stopped test at this point)

Dual Channel in slot A1&B1 @ 2.8v

got 2 errors at test 3 on the first pass (stopped test after test 4 had ran)

Dual Channel in slot A1&B1 @2.85v

got 12 errors at test 4 on the first pass (stopped test at this point)

Dual Channel in slot A2&B2 @ 2.8v

got 10 errors at test 4 on the first pass (stopped test at this point)

Sinlgle Module in slot A2 @ 2.75

both sims passed 3 passes without any errors

i have attached an images of my bios settings just incase im missing something.

so im a bit confused the sims work ok in single channel but not in dual channel.

what do u think ramguy

cheers Craig

PICT0001.JPG.5f04308cef7eb541ed18fc3cec43e5e3.JPG

• Corsair Employee
Please test the modules one at a time to verify whether one memory module is good or bad, if found one module to be good; then please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

i tested the modules one at a time and both the modules did 3 passes without any errors that is what i meant when i sayed single channel.

UPDATE

tried my brothers memory in dual channel mode. one is a twinmos twister module (cas 2)and the other is twinmos value (cas 2.5) not a matching set and ran memtest86+ for 4 passes with no errors so maybe my corsair memory is faulty.

• 2 weeks later...

hi i live in the uk and i send the ram back to "dabs" where i bought it and there are saying it will be 4-6 weeks before i get my ram back because i had it longer than 28 days. They say they need to send it back to there supplier for repair (i had it for 34 days or something). I dont think this is acceptable as i have a new computer i cant use for 4-6 weeks because i was sold faulty ram is there any thing u can do for me ram guy

also i dont want repaired ram i want new ram

thank u

Craig

• Corsair Employee
You can either go back to the place where you bought it from; they should be able to help you out and take care of it for you, but if you are having a problem going through them, then I am sorry but you will have to send your modules to be replace here in US.

Archived