Corsair Community

two corsair sticks dual channel

matisto32

Possibly, but mixing kits always carries a risk of not working and combining two different models won’t help that cause either. Memory is expensive these days and I understand the temptation, but you’d better buy from someone friendly on returns. It would have been better to buy a dual channel kit initially and there surely is some performance defeceit with a single.

yeah but problem is i only need 1 16 gb ram

as i have this CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 ( lost my second ram)

so if i buy this it's 400 € and i have 32 gb wich i don't need

is there a possibility that one could give me 1 stick out of this model instead of both ?

or do i really need to buy both for 400 € ? :(

I doubt Corsair will sell you a single stick out a pack. Even then, it would not be a matched set to what you have. I can't see your hardware nor do I know what your primary uses are on the machine, but if I were in this position I would either bite the bullet and buy a new 2x16 kit upgrade and save the old stick for an emergency or what seems to be the better choice for you is a new 2x8GB kit at a higher frequency so there is at least some solace from the move. It's hard to justify a step up in capacity you don't need in this current market.

I have bitten the bullet and bought a new 32 gb (2x16) set of the same model

i'm wondering now if it's possible to use this set (32) as dual channel

and then also my other 1 x 16 gb in single channel would that work?

so i have 48 gb ram in total