Corsair Community

XMS Quality control

hafaphoto

I just got this ram RMA'd from Corsair last week. I am not at all impressed with the quality of the heatspreader. The heatspreader is shorter than the ram, so it is bowed out at both ends! Is this normal? Or did I just get another bad set?

E

Did you RMA it via the boards or via phone or email? What is the exact part #?

First off, thanks for your time.

Here are my problems:

Are the heatspreaders supposed to be bowed out at the ends? It looks like the memory module is slightly larger than the heatspreader, causing it not to fit right. Normal?

My computer only recognizes this 2 x 512 TwinX matched pair as 768 megs. I have reseated the ram, and swapted the ram around (the m/b only has 2 DIMMS).

Any ideas? The computer is a not overclocked. It has: AMD 2500 XP, Thermaltake PurePower 430 watt PSU, the 1G xms TwinX, a PC Chips M811 m/b, running Win XP Pro. I can pull one of the chips and get more info if you need it. I just got this ram from you about a week or so on a RMA.

Thanks

Eric

Sorry about the double post!

DSCF0058.jpg.3f6e43b93615f8c544bbbe94cea87979.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg.602d2c8dcdcd95b4cb0ea0eaa3786200.jpg

Please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" and we will get them replaced at our expence.

Thanks, and by the way, sorry about all those names I called you when my computer did not see the RAM as 1G... lol!

Have a good one!

E

LOL! :eek: No worries! I understand it was with all good intentions! Any way I am sorry that you had a problem. And please let me know how you make out or if you need my help!

Thanks for your time, I am having a little trouble. After about 5 calls I got through to a person and they sent me an e-mail with a .XLS attachment which I assume is a RMA form, but since I hate Microsoft, I have as little of it on here as possible, so I cannot read it. Is there any way the replacement RAM can be cross shipped? Also, do I have to pay shipping? The first RMA I do not mind paying, but the second?

Well, thanks for your time

Eric

Archived