Corsair Community

Void Pro Wireless Headset constantly cuts out more than 1 foot from computer

Cyn874

Hi, I just purchased the Void Pro RGB wireless headset on Amazon. I received it yesterday and got it all installed and set up on my computer. I fully charged the headset as directed and it said "Charge complete". But as soon as I stand up from my computer and move even one step away, the sound cuts in and out approximately once every 3-5 seconds and it keeps telling me "Mic off". I have the mic fully raised all the way up (and even tried tying it with a bit of string to make sure it wasn't lowering even a tiny bit). Nothing makes a difference and the wireless feature of the headset is completely unusable. The only way this headset works is if it's plugged into the computer and I'm sitting at the computer. It works with no issues then- but I did not purchase a wired headset.

Do I need a replacement? Should I send this back?

My headset does that whenever it is dropping wireless connection (Normally I'm upstairs and the dongle is downstairs for this to happen right enough) Where is your dongle plugged in? Is there a way to have it within line of sight if it is not already? I find that plugging mine behind the computer vastly reduces its range.

My dongle is plugged in to the front of my computer which is right in front of me. There's nothing between myself and dongle when it starts to cut out- I only have to get more than about 12 inches from my computer or sometimes even just turn my head when it starts doing this. It's REALLY bad.