Corsair Community

H115i with commander pro

hastedday

Hi, im kind of confused the fan rgb should i connect to commander pro...how about the pump of h110i? When should i connect it?. If the fan is connected to coammander pro will i get and error in cpu fan header?

No reason to connect the H110i (or is it a H115i?) lead to the C-Pro. Your pump speed will appear in the cooler box in Link. On the H115i, it reports half the pump speed and this is not a useful value if you have the real one listed right above it. The H110i will list the proper speed, but again it is already above. As you surmised, you do need something on CPU_FAN to boot up without error and this is the real value of the lead. I would connect it to CPU FAN unless there is a compelling reason to do otherwise.

The radiator fans will work both ways, but I don't see a reason not to use the built in controller on the cooler. That one is configurable within Link and can be saved to the device, thus preserving your preference (for most things) when Link is not running and during boot. You could do the exact same settings for control from any of the 6 fan headers on the C-Pro, but there is no advantage in doing so for most people. I would save those for the chassis fan headers.

Archived