Corsair Community

Connecting 6 HD120 LED Fans.

Fatbassguy

I have one last fan to go but out of excitement I only hooked up five fans, 3 came with my corsair crystal 570x and the other 2 are on the top of the pc and the last fan will go on the rear. First 3 preinstalled fans work perfectly fine and the buttons on the case change the color and mode. The top two fans though do not respond the same way the front three do, despite being plugged into the same hub as the first 3. I have been putting off the last fan because I don't know if the color shifting not working means I made some error or what?

Thanks!

EDIT: The first two light up but just white wanted to make that clear : )

The fans that come with the Crystal 570x are, I believe, SP-RGB fans, not HD. You cannot mix and match these on the same hub; they are different LEDs.

If you got HD fans, you'll need another fan hub. And they'll have a different controller.

OH NO!

That's a pretty big mess up on my part XD

Im guessing the SP have a black ring and the HD have a clear ring right?

Yup. The SP only have LEDs in the middle and the HDs have them all around. Furthermore, the SPs only have one color at a time and the HDs can have multiple colors simultaneously.

While you're here, make sure to check out the RGB FAQ that's linked in my signature. Lots of good information there.

Yep deffo worth having a good read of the RGB FAQ

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

If using SP RGB and HD RGB fans together You would need 2 RGB Fan LED hubs and 2 Button Controllers if you dont wish to use Corsair Link,,, if you do wish to use Corsair Link then at minimum you also need a Lighting Node Pro. but I would recommend the Commander Pro my self

anyways.. go read the thread buddy :)