Corsair Community

A8n-sli And Xms 3200c2

allanon

mY NEW A8N-SLI DETECTS my 400ddr at 333 mhz instead of 400mhz...I have tried to watch bios but is not present a feature for manually set memory frequency at 400.(only for setting a LIMIT frequency)

Any ideas? You have the timing for this motherboard?

Thanks.

Allanon

3 more down the the list, check here for memory issues this is the wet section errr watercooled

Note this is a deluxe version?

also do you have current BIOS for A8N-SLI Deluxe version 1003 2005/01/24

read carefully the flash doc's

can you get CPU-Z to ID your timings, set them manaul in cmos an have them in slots A1 - B1 using CMX256A-3200C2PT for it supports it

Allanon

3 more down the the list, check here for memory issues this is the wet section errr watercooled

Note this is a deluxe version?

also do you have current BIOS for A8N-SLI Deluxe version 1003 2005/01/24

read carefully the flash doc's

can you get CPU-Z to ID your timings, set them manaul in cmos an have them in slots A1 - B1 using CMX256A-3200C2PT for it supports it

is an a8n-sli normal and the bios is at original state (not upgrade) can i flash with the same bios of deluxe version?

is an a8n-sli normal and the bios is at original state (not upgrade) can i flash with the same bios of deluxe version?

NO... if do...... kiss your MB good bye

use the correct bios for your MB PCB rev's, for they are different chipsets microcodes.

this is why details are very important to list an know whats in ur hands ....1 slip of info facts.....to the trash can it goes

can i use a ford part in my chevy?

1)who made your MB

2)what model

3)PCB revisions

you think is a bios problem?You know if anyone with the deluxe version have the same problem?I think is strange ...Why i not have the chance to set manually the speed of my memories? :evil: On the other models i can!(i have a large list of asus mb in my life!) :[pouts:

you think is a bios problem?You know if anyone with the deluxe version have the same problem?I think is strange ...Why i not have the chance to set manually the speed of my memories? :evil: On the other models i can!(i have a large list of asus mb in my life!) :[pouts:

my precise module is cmx 512 3200c2, i have tried with two 512mb kingstone ddr 400 and my motherboard set the frequency at 400mhz ddr but this memories works with cas 3!!!My corsair have to work at cas 2 but with drr400 speed....I have flashed bios with the beta release but problem still remain!!!Help!

TERRIBLE!!!I have launched cpu-z and the problem seem to be a one of my module!!with cpu-z i have discovery this bank is viewed as pc2700 memory!!!But the revision of two banks is the same! 3202 v1.1!all two banks name is viewed as cmx 512 3200c2 (on the model name string) but only one of two is viewed as capable to run at 400mhz!(i have changed the position on the asus memory channel and is the same bank the trouble.) This module is not broken i have tested with mem86 only the read of spd seem to be problematic for a8nsli...If i set manually the frequency of my memory by the bios (like other motherboards) i think the problem is solved....Other ideas?

the problem is i have two banks (twins) and only one is viewed as ddr400...cpu-z identify only one banks like a ddr 400 compliant but the two banks have the same revision!the other problem is my a8n-sli bios read the spd information and set my memories to 333mhz ddr...My bios not have (like other mobo) the possibility to set manually the frequency of my memories or to ignore the spd !!!!I have write an e-mail to asus support....i have also tried with n.tune the overclocking utility for my mb but if i set the bus memory to 400mhz also hypertransport change his frequency and the pc restarts...

Can you tell me the exact part# of all of the modules in your system?

Xms Cmx-512-3200c2 3202 v1.1 (all two bank have this label but i have purchased at 1 weeks of distance)

you (ram guy) have helped me in the past with this two module and an a7n8x deluxe, with your timings i have set corretly at 400 ddr(thanks!!!).This time is hard i think because the bios not have the possibility to set manually frequency of my memories or ignore the spd (corrupt or wrong,i think,for one of my banks).I have launced memtest86 from dos floppy and the memories works fine.With n-tune i have "overclocked" memories at 384ddr with 2-3-3-7 timings...The pc is very stable, the problem is the hypertransport bus...Is locked with memory bus and i cannot overclock my memories at 400 with n-tune without overcloking also hypertransport!!!I don't wont overcloking all,only i want to use my high expensive and good memories at the right frequency...Thanks for your help!

• Corsair Employees

You have one module that was made before the release of the official DDR400 spec, and before the release we use the JEDEC defined values for PC2700. Win an AMD 64 system the modules would need to be identically matched and one of the reasons we came out with Twinx sets. If you can find another use for these modules, I would suggest you just get a Twinx1024-3200XL set of modules for best performance. If that is not an option, the best I can offer would be to replace both of your modules under RMA, but this revision is no longer available and I am not sure what we would replace them with.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

You have one module that was made before the release of the official DDR400 spec, and before the release we use the JEDEC defined values for PC2700. Win an AMD 64 system the modules would need to be identically matched and one of the reasons we came out with Twinx sets. If you can find another use for these modules, I would suggest you just get a Twinx1024-3200XL set of modules for best performance. If that is not an option, the best I can offer would be to replace both of your modules under RMA, but this revision is no longer available and I am not sure what we would replace them with.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Oh......If Asus not release a bios with the manual settings i have to change my memories...The problem is on italy,Corsair products is very difficult to buy...I try to change my memories...

Archived