Corsair Community

Threadripper, 128gb Corsair ram unstable/crash

DonBarrum

Hi, I recently built a system around the Threadripper CPU and bought the 128GB corsair memory claimed by corsair to support by the Threadripper CPU (CMK128GX4M8A2400C14).

But I am unable to get anything except stock speeds from the ram, if I change to XMP 2 on the MSI Gaming Carbon Pro Motherboard Im getting a windows BSOD within a few minutes or an hour. Even though in the corsairs THreadripper page they say its tested with XMP 2 (did you test xmp on threadripper or should I write in custom ram settings in the BIOS ? I find nothing of such information)

I also tried to increase RAM voltage to 1.25 but it still crashed.

Memory Diagnostics find no errors with he ram.

Please can anyone help, Corsair?

Hi thanks for getting back to me.

I am using the latest bios ( version : 7B09v17 )

So I turned off XMP and changed the voltage to 1.3. But honestly I don't feel very confident changing the voltage or especially the latency values myself, or knowing how to interpret crashes to see if it is voltage or latency. Any suggestions here?

Currently I set it to 1.3 V . The ram xmp didnt change latency, so those numbers are the same 14 - 16 -16 -31

...So I will see during a few hours how this voltage value goes. If I get BSODs during today, what would you suggest I change/tweak/do?

• Corsair Employees
Hi thanks for getting back to me.

I am using the latest bios ( version : 7B09v17 )

So I turned off XMP and changed the voltage to 1.3. But honestly I don't feel very confident changing the voltage or especially the latency values myself, or knowing how to interpret crashes to see if it is voltage or latency. Any suggestions here?

Currently I set it to 1.3 V . The ram xmp didnt change latency, so those numbers are the same 14 - 16 -16 -31

...So I will see during a few hours how this voltage value goes. If I get BSODs during today, what would you suggest I change/tweak/do?

That's as close to the highest voltage I'd feel comfortable telling you to change it to. Any crashes?

• 3 weeks later...
That's as close to the highest voltage I'd feel comfortable telling you to change it to. Any crashes?

Hi, sorry for brining up an old thread. But I recently swithed from X399 MSI gaming carbon pro motherboard to a Asus Zenith Extreme, because I wanted to benefit from Asus ability to boost apps...since I'm not a gamer and need higher single core ghz for all the adobe programs.

But with the Zenith Extreme I'm not even able to boot the machine if I use the entire kit of 128GB. I did manage to enter the bios a couple of times but mostly it doesn't even boot. But if I reduce to 64 GB (half the sticks) it boots just fine.

I see that on the Asus Zenith Extreme compatible ram list the kit isn't even listed. But on Corsairs homepage there's a dedicated page with THreadripper compatible ram and my ram kit is listed as the only 128gb kit supported by Corsair.

THe whole ram with Threadripper CPUs have been a mess so far, seems no ram can run on the markedet speed with 128 gb, and I feel it's pure luck being able to boot with all the ram slots occupied.

Anything I can do to make it work? any suggestions? Voltage level doesnt help on the zenith extreme, if I use the XMP profile it absolutely doesn't work.