Corsair Community

CCP downgrade

kons

hi,

i just updated my CCP and also my bios. Now my CCP only finds 2 fans and those have wrong rpms (i have 5 fans and a pump on the CCP, the fans can have 0-500-1500rpm and the püump is fixed [only read by CCP]) because they have 250rpm and 5000rpm. i want top see if the ccp firmware is the problem and would like to downgrade. is there a possibility where i can get like the last 5 firmware versions? or is there a beta version that could fix this?

i downgraded the ccp to 0.4.173 and at least now the fans are not at maximum rpm all the time and seem to work. at least aida says that because corsair link doesn´t display anything right about the ccp. temp, rpm and fan number wrong. (again only 1-2 fans instead of full 6) also the fan rpm are a bit unstable. they sometimes have over 5000 (says aida, but they seem to have the same ~800 all the time) and sometimes fall below 100 (says aida again) but only here and there. at least now it seems to work in a way where i have enough cooling and no turbine sounds anymore. but there is still a problem.

maybe corsair link is the prob, but i´m at the newest version there.

AIDA and Link have a problem since Link series 4.9.xx. I was a long time AIDA user prior and I needed to stay on Link 4.8.3 and the older FW 0.21 to keep the C-Pro controlled fans in check. They also tend to pop in and out in the AIDA displays on FW 0.41. The downgrade is not an issue if you don't have LL or ML-RGB fans or any of the newest RGB peripherals. However, it does re-introduce the "zero fan" bug that allows the C-Pro controlled fans to bottom out for a second at specific fan speeds. I found that was better than the alternative, but you may also need to decide on one monitoring program for now.

i have bequiet silent wings 3

changing auto/4/3 pin won´t change anything.

yeah i don´t use CL4 very much, only for controlling not monitoring. i use aida for monitoring. i don´t think aida and CL4 are having a problem, because stopping one of them doesn´t change anything

at least it is working, not perfect, but working.

Hmm.. that may be an additional problem. I have several Silent Wings 3 and chestful of SW2. When I first got my SW3 140mm DC, I had real trouble controlling them with the C-Pro. This was before the 3/4 pin selector update, but ultimately it was not resolved. I still have one pair of SW3 in the bottom of my case, but those run on BIOS auto-pilot and I don't need active desktop control over them. The SW3 PWM do have some peculiarities, but I was surprised the DC version was problematic as well.

• 1 month later...
i tried the newest firmware again since there is also a new Clink4 version, but now the installation of clink has some problems sometimes (the uninstall also) and somehow it deleted all olderfirmware versions of my ccp. i gues i´m a bit stuck now....

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!

it seems that since 4.9 or so i have to right click the zip file/properties/check the box/click trustworthy. it seems that win10 has a problem with the zip because it´s untrustworthy.

my steps:

deactivate kaspersky, firewall, internet, aida64, onedrive and every other background program

uninstalled before installed versions, deleted everything left manually, used ccleaner for cleaning up the registry entries, restarted the pc(stopped all programs again and stopped kaspersky), checked for leftovers, unzipped the file, installed as admin, restarted.