Corsair Community

CPU overheat h80i V2

Tedish

Hi!

Overnight i went from 30c idle to 80-100c.

I7 7700K and h80i v2 cooling.

The fans are spinning, didnt make any changes, temp just skyrocket. Reinstalled the cooler with new paste and even changed liquid metal to the back of the CPU. I start tonsuspect the pump has broke down or something. This is my first watercooling. Bought it 8 months back.

Niklas

If you able to get to the desktop, look at the H80i v2 temperature in Link. This is the coolant temperature and is useful for separating cooler issues from other types. If it is overheating too quickly to get that far, try to enter the BIOS. Is there any reading for the CPU fan header or wherever you connected the H80i v2 lead? Is the CPU temperature instantly 90C+? Or can you watch it climb in front of you 45-50-55-60-65.... etc.?

The temp is beween 75-100c depending what im doing. Yesterday mybtemp was about 30 C idle. When i start the computer the CPU gets hot instant. Tried to shut down the fans whitch didnt affect the temp. Also tried ”pushing” the cooling device towards the CPU to ser if there was any contact issue, no resault here either.

The temp doesnt keep climping, it can stop at 75 if in the desc, 90 if i start youtube ans so on.. it can be relatively ”stable” at sround 80 c for minutes if i dont put it under some kind of load. The wierd thing is that this is my highest temp ive got before during stresstests. Someting is very wrong, and didnt change anyghing, like i sed, this happend overnight.

Edited by Tedish

Start a support ticket with Corsair. Presumably you have a H80i v2 Temp near 60C which is a long way from where it should be. Does Link give you any kind of pump speed? Can you feel the pump working? Make sure the fan header powering the cooler is set to 100%/full speed/disabled or whatever your BIOS uses to describe a 12v supply. This is easy to unintentionally change with a bios flash or fan tuning program. Try to avoid using the pc until this resolved.