Corsair Community

LINK Install Fail

DaveFaz

I have a number of PC's that use Commander Pro and LINK.

But ever since 4.9.1.23, LINK has failed to update on one of the PC's.

All the PC's are identical, so there is no specific reason why this one should fail.

The machine that fails comes up with the message.. The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{C636E92F-74DD-42A1-B614-64BC42D2DA3A}v4.9.0.57\

And that's reasonable, because there is no such Folder.

However, it has created one with a different name....

{A76616BF-CB6B-47DD-B3C5-BAE6DF3EAD0F}v4.9.5.25

Thing is that even if I select what seems to be the correct Folder it refuses to accept it, saying that it's looking for the first one I named. End result is that it just will not install finally and no matter how I try, coming up with an error 0x80070643

I have tried going back to earlier versions of LINK but it's completely broken now, giving the same error for any version I attempt to install.

So a PC that has Commander Pro is completely disabled becuase LINK will not install correctly. Great!

Edited by DaveFaz

It looks like it's trying to uninstall the previous version and it can't find the files for it. At this point, you might be able to try uninstalling the previous version from a download? Perhaps? Or see if you can clean up the MSI installation information.

That's pretty strange though ... the installer has typically been pretty reliable. :-(

It looks like it's trying to uninstall the previous version and it can't find the files for it. At this point, you might be able to try uninstalling the previous version from a download? Perhaps? Or see if you can clean up the MSI installation information.

That's pretty strange though ... the installer has typically been pretty reliable. :-(

Further messing about and I am absolutely sure you are correct.

If I attempt to manually uninstall the software it fails. I have even tried deleting everything and removing all the registry entries and it still fails. I guess I must be missing something because the install always seems to know there has been an older version and tries to uninstall it.

I think this happened a while back when it tried to install an update and it was interrupted. From that point on it has been unable to uninstall the old version.

What I need is the 4.9.0.57 CLink4Setup.msi file to place in the folder, otherwise it's just not going to uninstall. Even if you run the v4.9.0.57 installer it tries to uninstall the v4.9.0.57 first and of course fails.

Edited by DaveFaz