Corsair Community

Pinout for 3pin input of HD120 fan hub?

solarity

Almost ... but not quite.

The Fan Hub doesn't require +5V power on pin 1. So you can use the cable that is Corsair ships to connect the Lighting Node Pro or the Commander Pro to the Fan Hub. This has only two wires (pin 2/data and pin 3/ground).

I'll double check this when I get home (on the road right now) but my guess is that the fan hub provides +5V power on pin 1 ... and this is used by the push button controllers for the HD and SP fans.

Almost ... but not quite.

The Fan Hub doesn't require +5V power on pin 1. So you can use the cable that is Corsair ships to connect the Lighting Node Pro or the Commander Pro to the Fan Hub. This has only two wires (pin 2/data and pin 3/ground).

I'll double check this when I get home (on the road right now) but my guess is that the fan hub provides +5V power on pin 1 ... and this is used by the push button controllers for the HD and SP fans.

Yeah, I got it working on Gigabyte Fusion. Yanked a few case connectors from an old case, splice them together with soldered. I am using the Data and Ground. It works well, though it isn't as specialized as the tool for Gigabyte Fusion has a lot of functions, it has the industry standard of all other RGB software, it isn't that great. I did buy the Lighting node pro, though haven't opened the box yet. Wanted to see if I could get this working. Having magnets and not worry about adhesive seems like a good idea. I might just keep it. I do have a Corsair Keyboard, though that is only thing I current have. I use my Corsair headset at work and gave my mouse to my nephew.

Gigabyte Fusion?? Doesn't that use 5050 non-addressable RGB LEDs?

If so, they are 12V. I'd be careful with mixing some of these as many of the RGB stuff on the market is 12V, not 5V (as the Corsair stuff is).

It can control both 5050 digital and analog RGB LEDs. It might vary on mother boards, but I have the following

2x 12v RGBW 5pin headers on a single channel

2z Jumper set 5v/12v 3pin digital headers

I would not advise a novice to do this as the motherboard headers are not keyed and I could see people messing up their LEDs.